Chapter 12

And all too suddenly, the messages didn't come. She would wait, but Bella didn't send another email. Y/N began to grow even more worried.

So she went to Romina. She asked her, "Mother, do you know of a way to put a sort of...protection spell over someone? Not in person?"

Romina thought for a moment and nodded, "Yes, I should. Ronin." Her bird over down to her from his perch in the living room with the other witches. He perched on her shoulder and she told him, "Get me my grimoire, dear."

Ronin crowed and flew away, coming back only a moment later with the book in his talons. Romina took it graciously and flipped through it while Y/N patiently waited. When she found it, she spoke again, "Aha! Here's one. It places a protection spell against a specific person, but it's bound to a belonging of theirs that was given by the witch. Do you have one?"

Y/N nodded, remembering the bracelet she'd given Bella. She'd felt it pulse a couple of times over the past month, but the spell was only a warning that she was in trouble, it wasn't a warning that she'd been actively injured or hurt. If she was, the magic in the bracelet would have been felt fading through Y/N since it was her magic.

She spoke, "Yes! I gave it to her for her birthday a few months ago. I highly doubt she would have taken it off."

Romina looked through the spell and then said, "When you chant these words, focus on the object and the person you are protecting against. These are the ingredients you need are listed right here. To seal the magic inside of that object, spill three drops of blood over the ingredients and it will be complete."

She closed the book and asked, "Why exactly do you need it?"

Y/N simply said, "Bella." Romina understood. She'd heard a little bit about the situation when she visited the Cullens in New York and knew what the deal was with her. She nodded, "Well, good luck on that spell. You're already one of my greatest witches, I know you'll do well."

"I'm what?" Y/N asked.

Romina smiled, "You didn't know? How could you not know? You are one of my greatest witches, Y/N. There's a reason I had Mariah, Celene, and Eileen help to train you. Out of everyone here, you four are my greatest witches. You knew spells I knew when I started out when you first came. Now you and the girls, who have been training almost their whole lives, are on the same level." She stopped to think, "Actually, you may be a little higher, maybe a little higher than Eileen."

Y/N found this as a true surprise. She had only been actually studying magic for a little over a year and she was on a higher level than Eileen? The second best witch in New Orleans? (Next to Romina, of course.)

She smiled said, "I didn't know that."

Jasper came over from his conversation with one of the warlocks and said, "That's what I've been telling her and she hasn't believed me yet." He smiled at her and Y/N smiled back. She shook her head and said, "I should get to this spell, I feel like it's going to be really important soon."

Romina nodded and excused Y/N to one of the spell rooms to perform her spell.

~

One morning was not a good one. Y/N and her vampires were in the living room hanging out when Alice got a vision, gasping as it hit her. Y/N rushed over, placing a hand on Alice's shoulder. She saw the vision Alice was having, a perk of being a witch, Y/N found out, was that they could see Alice's visions with her with a simple touch.

That's when she saw Bella jumping off a cliff and into the cold, waving water below her that would threaten to swallow her whole.

Jasper and Cole asked quickly, "What's wrong? What happened?"