Chapter 14

He turned to Y/N with a sinister smile, "Is there more than one way to skin a witch?"

He ran toward her, but was stopped by a large barrier that suddenly surrounded her. It wasn't her performing the spell. A bright light flashed and grew before everyone before a rather large and rather angry fox stood before everyone.

Freya stood, now a little over the height of Y/N, as she angrily growled at the vampires who were threatening her.

All of the people in the room stared surprised at the large creature. Freya growled, "No. One. Touches. My. Witch."

She growled and snapped at the vampires, more to Aro than anyone, though. A slow and confusing smile spread across Aro's face as he said, "Amazing!"

Y/N stared, keeping her magic close and her friends closer as they slowly scatter behind the large fox, the attention no longer on them. Aro spoke, "Such a powerful witch, I doubt we'd even be able to touch her."

"And how is this a laughing matter?" Caius basically spat.

Aro out his hands together in a strange type of joy as he took a few steps over to her, Freya moving closer in a protective stance with another roll of growls toward the vampire.

He repeated, "Such a powerful witch." He told her gently, "I would be honored if a creature with your power would join my ranks."

The Volturi guards, as well as Caius seemed either confused, offended, or both. Marcus seemed too bored to care.

Y/N almost growled herself as she said, "I would never join you. You mean to destroy my kind and I will not stand among you while you make that happen. The witches have a purpose on this earth, and that was and still is to protect the humans."

"Against us," Aro spoke, his tone less welcoming.

She spoke, "Your original purpose was the protect them as well, but that didn't work out. But we do not punish all of the Sun Children for that. You saw into my mind. You know that witches only kill vampires if they pose as a threat to themselves or others."

Aro thought over her words. He did, in fact, see that. Through seeing into your mind, through the connection of the witches, he saw into some of the general mind of witches in all.

He saw that you never hurt a vampire unless they were hurting others. Witches never killed a vampire unless they were being threatened or going on some sort of killing spree.

Witches were fair creatures, for the most part.

Aro sighed, "You would have made a grand addition. My offer still stands. You are too valuable to let go to waste."

He sighed one more time before turning back to Freya, who growled at him once more. He gave a look to the animal, who Y/N knew he thought of as a beast.

He made a tiny gesture to his guard, who grabbed Edward, pulling him away. Bella yelled again and Freya growled, getting ready to kill the vampires.

Y/N acted first, throwing a spell that threw them against the wall again. Edward stood but was brought to his knees by Felix and Demetri, Aro in front of Edward.

Before anyone could do anything, Bella yelled, "No! Do it! Just kill me! Leave them alone!"

She stepped away from the safety of Freya, who warned against it with a huff, but Bella didn't listen.

She yanked the collar of her shirt back, exposing her neck to Aro. He seemed surprised and intrigued at the action. "Enough!" He demanded.

Felix immediately released Edward who managed to look up. He saw Bella kneeling in front of Aro and yelled, "Get away from her!"