Chapter 2

Y/N had been living with the Cullens for the summer months of the end of May to the now beginning of August. She had fit in with them easily and it was nice to have a family now.

She got along with everyone. Rosalie had warmed up to her quicker and than everyone thought she would.

Jasper was almost always right next to her at all time. Alice was almost there just as much as Jasper, but she also spent a lot of time with her new human boyfriend she'd met at prom.

His name was Nicolas Colt, but they called him Cole. She had her eyes on him for a while, but they had gotten together then and they'd been dating all summer. He'd found out about her in the middle of summer and he was extremely accepting.

He had his own place with a friend he shares rent with, when he turned seventeen. His parents had split up and gave him the choice of who he would live with. Instead of choosing, he decided to live on his own as they moved away, accepting his choice since he was old enough to make it.

Emmett was big and cuddly and immediately accepted her as a little sister. Edward was so grateful for helping him save Bella those few months ago and never questioned anything she did anymore. He, like Emmett and Jasper, grew protective over her as well and was there if she needed help.

Esme loved to cook for Y/N. She would be in the kitchen a lot of the time, making her breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Every now and then, she'd make cookies or any random desert she thought of. Y/N told her she didn't have to do all of this for her, but Esme always insisted. Y/N missed having a mother and was happy to have a mother like Esme. Even her biological mother wasn't this amazing. But she shouldn't speak ill of the dead, huh. Especially not if the dead is a witch.

Carlisle would help her study every now and then. She was so grateful for his patience with her. He was always so motivating and made sure what she had to learn was taught right.

Jasper was always by Y/N's side. He was always her first choice when she needed something. He was careful about how he used his gift around her.

He didn't excessively use it, making sure he only tampered with her emotions when she really needed it. She felt good about the fact that she could trust her emotions to be genuine and not some trick on Jasper's end.

They rarely had a disagreement, and when they did, it was easily overcome. Sometimes Jasper did become a bit of a handful, but it was usually things like him refusing to hunt so he could "keep her safe", even if she was perfectly safe in the house with whoever wasn't out hunting.

Y/N was so happy to be living with these vampires, they had become her family so quickly. She had never known what a true family was until now.

~

"Y/N, chill. Don't freak out." Nicolas told her. She was studying with Jasper, Alice, Bella, Edward, and Nicolas again in the living room. The others were out hunting and they had stayed behind.

Y/N nodded, "Got it, sorry. Just nervous. I start tomorrow."

"The school's pretty chill. You'll be fine." Bella commented with a little laugh.

Y/N grabbed her wand and opened her book, flipping to one of the pages. She tapped the side of her forehead twice and then tapped on one of her notebooks three times.

All the things she had memorized began writing themselves in the notebook. It saved time and energy.

"Man, I need that." Cole commented.

Y/N chuckled and reached over, tapping the side of his forehead twice and then tapping his notebook three times like she'd done with herself.

"There. Woah." She looked down at the tornado of notes. It was a disorganized mess. Nicolas smiled, "It even put my organization style!"