19. SKELETON SIMILARITIES

A/N: SENSITIVE PEEPS DO NOT SEE THE IMAGE ATTACHED ABOVE⚠

Every passing day goes pretty well, with me and Nikhil officially together now, the biology presentation turning out to be pretty good, my academics was also making improvements—slowly, but an improvement nonetheless—and ever since Nikhil and I have become official, my friends have started rubbing it on DQ's face and honestly?

I felt bad.

Once when Mia got too obnoxious, I had to physically shout at Mia to stop after I saw DQ rush away—I swear I even saw her eyes glisten with unshed tears—since I felt really, really, bad about it.

Ved talks to me, but not like before. He always has this sad undertone in his voice and a slight gloom on his face while conversing with me and knowing that I'm the reason is weighing on me.

Now we're standing in front of our first period subject teacher, who's sitting in front of a half empty class since many were participating in the exhibition for various subjects, asking for permission to go to the science lab so we could do our presentation.

Actually, we just wanna get outta this shithole and start jamming with the songs in my phone that I had snuck in today.

The teacher dismissed us nonchalantly and right after we went out of the classroom, we hissed many 'yes' and fist bumped the air.

Since it was the exhibition presentation, DQ is also with us, quietly trailing behind us.

We reach the biology lab and see that the tables are empty except for one or two.

We take an empty table and settle with our stationeries, and while doing so Harsh nudges me a few times which I avoid since I was holding so many things in my hands.

He elbows me hard as I finish placing everything on the table and I turn to him with a glare.

"What the fuck do you want douche?" I snap.

He pouts at my colorful vocabulary but then points out towards a preserved skeleton in a glass display shelf in the corner of the lab and gestures to DQ subtly.

Getting what he's insinuating I stifle a laugh and settle on grinning instead.

But right when I turn back to DQ, all hells break lose and I start laughing, Harsh joining with me, obviously knowing why I was laughing, while Darsh, Mia and DQ just look at us funnily.

Gasping after my laughter dies down, I calm down while Harsh leans over and places his head on my shoulder, still trying to control his profuse laughter, which I can tell from the way his body vibrates occasionally with every chuckle he lets out.

DQ excuses herself to the restroom and right when she goes out of earshot Mia turns to us.

"What was all that crap about?"

"We were just comparing some similar figures is all." Harsh says, while I elaborate on the skeleton-and-DQ-similarity concept.

Once we finish explaining, Mia bursts out laughing and we all join in, Harsh almost falling off his seat while laughing so hard.

DQ comes back in and we all share a knowing look before starting on our work.

Harsh started tugging on my sleeve after some time making me turn to him and mouth 'what?'

He gestures for my phone and I give it to him, then he opens the music app.

He types something in it, probably searching for a song while I whisper to him, "'The Hype' by twenty one pilots, please?"