Chapter Three

Gaster looked at the papers on the desk. He noticed some ideas that we're similar to his. Such as something labeled as a "Malice Blaster". It had a design that looked like a robotic bird head that was made to blast things. It was made as a defense mechanism. Gaster had made something similar to it, which he liked to call a "Gaster Blaster". His was a design that appeared to be a skull of some kind of creature which blasted things as well.
   He saw another. This one was a design called a "Feather Blade". It was apparently a tactic of Raven's, as said in the paper, and it looked like feathers that would be as soft as a cloud, but they were actually blades, again, for defense. Gaster thought that it was a little similar to his magical attack with bones. He could summon them at any time for defense. He had found out that he could do it 2 years ago from this moment.
   He noticed another design similar to one of his own. But this one was more similar than the other two. It was practically the same thing, just with a different name. This design was a huge machine that would take over a large mass of land, made to give magical supply to all of the Underground. Dr. Raven had called it a "Magical Assistance Living In Certain Environments" or "M.A.L.I.C.E.". Gaster had created something that did the same thing, but he instead called it "The CORE". It seemed that Dr. Raven had died before she could make this, or even start on it.
   Gaster thought for a second. "Hmm…" He sat for a minute staring at the paper. "Maybe…", he mumbled to himself. "Just maybe…"
   Creeeeaaaaaaak.
   Gaster widened his eyesockets at the sound of a door opening. He quickly turned around and looked at the door. There was a woman in the doorway with a clam head. She looked up at Gaster with a worried look. "Oh, hello.", the woman said. She wasn't wearing a Lab coat, just a name tag labeled "Clam Girl". "I'm sorry to disturb you, Dr. W. D. Gaster, sir, but I volunteer here at the Lab as a helper. I was told to bring this chair to you.", Clam Girl explained. The skeleton noticed the wooden chair in her aching arm.
   Gaster looked wide-eyed at her arm. "Oh, goodness me, let me help you with that, ma'am!", he said urgently. Two hands he summoned with magic appeared and took the chair, lifting it off of her arm. He had learned that he could do this certain type of magic a year ago. Only some monsters had this power, and he was currently the only living one with it.
   Clam Girl smiled. "Wow. Thank you! You're very nice!", she said with appreciation.
   Gaster smiled at her as his summoned hands set the chair down next to the white counter and vanished.. "Why wouldn't I be?", he asked.
   "Well, it's not always a quality in monsters, so I'm happy that I know we have a Royal Scientist we can trust!", Clam Girl said happily. She smiled back at him.
   Clam Girl turned around to leave. "Have a good day, sir!", she said. She left and Gaster heard her leave through the elevator. He sat down in the chair and looked again at the papers scattered on the desk. He noticed that there were not only designs of things, but there was also art. Art of monsters. He saw a sketch of Asgore's father. He saw another that showed what looked to be a younger version of Clam Girl. Perhaps art of when the monster was a kid. Then a sketch of Raven herself. Gaster was amazed. Raven Malice's art appeared to be so realistic in detail, as if it was actually a photo and not a drawing.
   He scooted his chair back far enough so he could open one of the cabinet doors at the bottom of the white counter. He pulled open the cabinet and dust particles came out suddenly as a huge cloud. W. D. Gaster began to cough violently, leaning back up away from the cabinet to breath in fresh air.
   Death by dust, Gaster thought, that would be a weird death. He chuckled at his thoughts. He leaned back down and there was no longer dust that would harm him. But there was a foul smell, as if something died. He tried to wave the smell away with his hand, but it was no use. The smell wouldn't cease.
   Gaster glanced around the space under the counter. He noticed a box. He tilted his head in curiosity. He reached a hand towards the box, but he couldn't reach as far as it was in the position he was in. He summoned a floating hand to grab it. The hand pulled it out and set it down on the countertop, than disappeared. He wiped some of the dust and cobwebs off of it and observed it.
   It was a dark purple color and made of cardboard. There was a note taped to it that read "DO NOT OPEN UNLESS YOU ARE A ROYAL SCIENTIST." Gaster widened his eyesockets. It was as if the box was made for him. And his curiosity had to be quenched. He ripped the note off the box and set it to the side of the box. He opened the lid.
   There was another paper inside, folded up. The inside of the box also had a necklace. He opened the piece on the end and inside was a picture of Raven and another monster. It was a male yellow lizard creature. Gaster guessed that it was Alphys's father. He smiled. He looked back at the paper. He picked it up and unfolded it. There was writing on the paper that read :

"WARNING : PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS PAPER UNLESS YOU ARE A ROYAL SCIENTIST!

Date : September 27th, 201V

I have found out about something that could change science forever. That could create theories and destroy them. I have found a place I would call 'The Void'. Humans and Monsters sometimes say that a void is what is in a black hole. And yes, it is. But this is something else. This is a place that is dark, similar to an actual void, but different. I had a vision. I know it wasn't a dream.

I wasn't asleep.

In this vision, I was in a dark place. It was full of screens. Some were static, but some showed images… monsters… dimensions. Universes. They were all similar to my own, but some were different in small ways. Some were different in drastic ways. In one, it showed me and Asgore, who will be king. I have actually never met him, just seen him, so that seemed to be a small change. But in another, I wasn't a Royal Scientist, just a normal kid. That was quite a drastic change.

The screens that were static, I think that they were dimensions that were destroyed, or have not yet been created. I decided to call this place 'The Void', it being like a void of darkness.

So, if you are reading this, you must be the Royal Scientist of the Underground. I am either dead or retired. Congratulations on getting this job. I hope you take this information and use it wisely. I hope I have put this information in the right hands.

-Raven Malice"

   Gaster stared at the note. A vision? A "Void"? Screens? Universes? It was all so surprising, suddenly a huge amount of weight on his shoulders. He carefully folded the note back up and placed it back in the box. He put the necklace inside it as well. He put the lid back on the box and put the box in the cabinet.
   He stood up and scooted his chair back into place. He walked out of the room, closed the door, and tried to remember his way through the maze of halls in the Lab. He got to the elevator and pressed the button to open the elevator doors. They opened and he walked into the small space. He pressed the "1" as Alphys had said to do earlier. He walked out of the Lab, through the Hotlands, and finally arrived home. Gaster lied down in his bed and closed his eyes.
   Tomorrow would be better.