Chapter Fourteen

It had been four months since Xander had been killed, and four other children had entered the Underground since. They had all been killed, not one spared. Each child's soul was taken to Asgore to be kept until he had seven souls and could break the barrier. Each of the four children had different souls and different personalities.
   After Xander, there had been a young girl that fell. She had been friends with Xander on the Surface and wanted to look for him. She had been short, about 4'5. She had short brown hair that came to the middle of her back and faded into green on the ends. She wore big, round, circle-shaped glasses. Her eyes were green. She wore a black-and-white flannel shirt. She also wore black jeans leggings and brown high-heeled boots. Her name was Alicia. She had been killed by Gerson, who didn't mean to kill her, but just wanted to teach her how to fight. He threw an attack too rough and it killed her, which revealed Alicia's soul, which was a soul of Kindness.
   After her, there was a teenage girl by the name of Melody. Melody had been an average height of 5'3. She told the monsters that she was 15 years old. She had blue eyes and long red hair that came down to her waist. She wore an orange, long-sleeved button-up shirt, and black belt with a silver buckle, and dark red jeans. She was killed by King Asgore himself. He wanted her soul, so he killed her. It revealed that her soul was a soul of Integrity.
   Then there was a young child who's name was Angel. He had white hair and light blue eyes. His hair was short and came to the top of the back of his neck. He wore a light grey turtleneck shirt and a blue sweater over it. His jeans were navy blue, almost black, and he wore black-and-white sneakers. He was killed by a spider creature named Jelson. He was the father of a child named Muffet, and wanted to protect her. He didn't trust humans so he killed Angel. When Angel's body turned to dust, it was shown that his soul was a soul of Patience.
   The most recent one had been a young girl named Amelia. She had yellow eyes and blonde hair. She wore a brown T-shirt and a dark red fluffed jacket over it. She also wore a brown-and-orange scarf and black jeans. She wore brown laced boots and orange leg warmers under them. She wore black earmuffs and a dark red beanie. She was killed by Undyne, just as Xander had been. She soul turned out to be a soul of Justice. She had put up a fight before she died.
   Gaster had watched each child be killed, not being able to do anything about it. Asgore now had five souls.
   Over the past four months, Gaster had begun to build the CORE, with the help of many monsters. It had gone exactly by the blueprints and it was working correctly. The pieces went together perfectly and were coming together into a large machine. Sans had stopped getting the frequent nightmares and Papyrus stopped worrying so much about him. Alphys had stopped fearing Gaster and things were normal again.
   Gaster looked at the papers on his desk. These designs were improvements to the CORE.
   "Dad!", Sans called out. Gaster looked over his shoulder and smiled at Sans. Sans went to the Lab with Gaster on this day because for every parent in the Underground, it was "Take Your Kid To Work Day". Sans rushed over to Gaster as he was holding a miniature Lego boat. "Look what I made!", Sans said excitedly. Gaster chuckled happily.
   "It's very good, Sans.", Gaster complimented.
   "Yeah, it's the only thing I can do right now.", Sans said, beginning to be slightly sad. "Why couldn't Papyrus come to the Lab with us? Why did he have to stay at Fire's for the day?", Sans asked. Gaster sighed and put his arm around Sans, pulling him closer.
   "I told you. The Lab doesn't let children under the age of 5 in the building.", Gaster explained. He pulled Sans closer and smiled. "Plus, this will give me and you some more father-son time with each other." Sans smiled. He hugged Gaster tightly.
   "I love you, dad.", Sans said. Gaster smiled and hugged Sans back tightly.
   "I love you, too.", Gaster replied. He looked at the small Lego boat. "You did very well on this. I'm sure that one day you can be the Royal Scientist, if that is what you want." Sans widened his eyes.
   "Really?", Sans asked. Gaster nodded in confirmation. Sans smiled. He looked around. "Well, I might think about it. But then again, I think that being the Judge of Creatures would be cool, too." Gaster smiled, observing the child's interests.
   "Well, I think you can do anything, as long as you set your mind to it.", Gaster said. Sans rolled his eyes and laughed. Gaster looked at Sans in confusion. "What?"
   "That's what every parent says, dad. It's a cliche.", Sans said in a tone of voice that implied it was obvious. Gaster smiled, looking to the side. He knew Sans was right. Gaster's parents had told him the same words.
   "I know that it's what every parent says, but I promise that it is true.", Gaster said sweetly. Sans smiled, hugging Gaster once more. All of a sudden, there were footsteps that seemed unusually fast coming from the hallway. Sans perked his head up at the sound and Gaster was just as curious.
   The footsteps grew closer. Gaster stood up from his chair and Sans stood behind him in fear of what might come through the door. As the footsteps became closer to the door, they seemed to slow down. "Alphys?", Gaster called out, hoping it wasn't anything else. But there was no answer. From under the door, there was a shadow of two feet. They stood in front of the door and the knob began to turn.
   The door opened, and it was a human. But the human was not a child or teenager, but was an adult. He had dirty blonde hair and orange eyes with golden flecks. He wore a orange button-up shirt with a strap over it. He wore light brown jeans. He was carrying a sword and was glaring at Gaster. Gaster lightly pushed Sans behind him. Sans gripped Gaster's hand tightly. Gaster gripped Sans's hand back.
   "I'll be okay.", Gaster whispered. He pulled his hand back up and looked at the human. "Who are you and why are you here?" The human raised his sword, still glaring. Gaster raised his hand up, trying to calm the human. "Please, there is no need for the sword, put it down. I do not wish to fight." The human didn't move, sword still raised.
   The human stepped forward, glaring. "My name is Ashton. I am a human, and I want to escape this place. You monsters are evil and deserved to be banished here.", the human said angrily. Gaster widened his eyesockets in surprise, then chuckled.
   "Well, with an attitude like that, I don't think anyone would want to help you out of here.", Gaster said, attempting to be kind Ashton. "I can help you, I'm sure." Ashton glared at Gaster, sword still raised.
   "Why should I trust you, a monster?", Ashton asked in a rough voice. Gaster breathed deeply, trying not to become mad.
   "Because I'm not trying to kill you. I want to help you.", Gaster said calmly. The human glanced at his sword.
   He raised his sword, running to Gaster. Gaster pushed Sans away and avoided Ashton's sword slash. Gaster summoned a Gaster Blaster, shooting a blast of magic at Ashton. Ashton jumped, avoiding the attack. He looked up and raised his sword again. Gaster glared at him.
   "I will stand. I won't fall. I refuse.", Ashton said aggressively and determined. Gaster lifted his arm slightly in front of Sans.
   "Sans, stay behind me.", Gaster said in a protective voice. Sans gripped Gaster's waist in fear.
   "Dad...", Sans muttered. He was on the edge of tears. Gaster gripped Sans's shoulder protectively.
   "You'll be okay, I promise.", Gaster said. Sans was nervous and unsure, looking away. Gaster lifted Sans's chin. Sans looked up. "And you know I never break a promise." Sans nodded and gripped Gaster's hand. Gaster smiled and pulled his hand away. He looked up at Ashton.
   "I'll take care of this.", Gaster said, glaring. Gaster and Ashton dashed towards each other. Ashton raised his sword, ready to slice. Gaster summoned his six hands, ready to fight. His summoned hands began to glow, magic emitting from them. Ashton drew his sword back in a slashing position.
   They jumped and Ashton slashed. Gaster's hands disappeared as the sword hit his skull, cracking and slicing his face. The attack threw Gaster across the room. Ashton pointed his sword to the ground, watching what would happen. Gaster landed on his back and Sans rushed over next to him. The sword slash created two cracks. One crack went up his skull from his right eyesocket. The other went down his skull from his left eyesocket. Red bone marrow bled out of both of the cracks.
   Sans shook Gaster. "Dad!", he said worriedly. "Dad, wake up!" Gaster opened his eyes, beginning to cough up the red bone marrow. Sans sighed, thankful that Gaster was alive. "Dad!", Sans said happily. Gaster coughed up more bone marrow then looked up at Sans.
   "Sans...", Gaster said, trailing off. He placed his hand on Sans's cheek bone. Sans looked at Gaster, worried that something might be wrong. Gaster looked at Ashton angrily. He summoned two bones to come up from the ground. One bone struck through the human's head. The other struck through his chest. Gaster summoned a Gaster Blaster and blasted the human's already-dead body. There was only a pile of dust on the floor and an orange soul above one of the bones.
   "So, his soul was a soul of Bravery.", Gaster said quietly to himself. He stood up and walked to the bones and soul. He grabbed the soul and placed it in his pocket.
   "Dad, are you sure you should be walking around?", Sans asked. "I mean, you could have a concussion." Gaster waved the question off.
   "We're skeletons. We don't get concussions.", Gaster said. He walked over to Sans and took his hand. "And you're okay, just as I promised." Sans hugged Gaster immediately. Gaster smiled at the loving embrace and wrapped his arms around Sans.
   "I was scared, dad! I don't want you to die!", Sans cried out. Gaster gripped Sans tighter than he already was.
   "It's alright, Sans. I'm not dead and I don't plan on dying for a long time.", Gaster said calmly. Sans cuddled closer to Gaster, a tear running down his cheekbone.
   "I love you, dad.", Sans said in a shaky voice, tears beginning to flow down his cheekbones. He gripped Gaster tightly. "So... much." Gaster was beginning to cry as well.
   "I love you, too.", Gaster said. "I love you, too."

W. D. Gaster - An Undertale Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें