The "Guided Tour"

I caught up to Gally with ease. I hadn't realized I'd been smiling until Gally have me one of his 'looks'.

"Not in the worst shape, I guess, but I highly doubt you'll be a runner. There's probably a more womanly job for you. Don't get your girlish hopes up about becoming some savior." Gally grunted, "A lot of people come up from
The Box thinking they are going to be some hero..."

His face seemed distant for a minute before he shook the emotion and he scoffed, "It's just not realistic."

"Runner? Womanly job? The Box? Girlish hopes? What the heck is this jerk talking about?" I thought to myself. Gally seemed like a leader, but he had definitely lost all hopes of escaping this prison.

I decided to pick the least provoking thing to ask about. I vaguely remembered Alby talking about the box. "So where is The Box?" I asked.

"I guess that's where we'll begin your tour," He said.

As we walked, Gally pointed out the different areas of the Glade.

There were four major areas: the gardens, homestead, the bloodhouse, and deadheads. The gardens were where they grew all of the food and crops. Homestead was where I had slept last night. The bloodhouse was where they took care of all the livestock. Deadheads was a small forest that was used as a graveyard.

We walked a bit before approaching a rectangular metal shaft. It was sealed, but the thin line between the two sheets of metal suggested that it opened.

"This is The Box," Gally began, "Once a week it opens. It brings us food and other supplies for our life here in the Glade. The Box will also occasionally bring up a boy. That's how all of us got here."

"Oh, I see," I said quietly, "so that's why everyone is so confused by me. I wasn't brought up in The Box."

"Well yes and we've also never had a girl sent before. It's also strange about your memory.. A Greenie usually has their memories back by now."

"Well maybe that fall I suffered in the maze scrambled my memories a bit more," I said lightheartedly.

"That can't be the reason. Who are you and what are you even doing here? Who the hell is Isaac?" He said. His words were beginning to become more heated and shaky.

"I'm sorry, I don't know." I said shrugging. I was trying to be as sincere as possible but I truly had lost my memory. Newt was the only thing that made me feel connected to my past.

"That's not good enough!" His face began to become red. "Don't you see you've upset some sort of balance! You're messing up everything I've established. You're going to be the end to us all!"

At this point he was fuming. He was yelling much louder now and it was starting to catch the attention of the other boys.

"Look you need to calm down Gally. I can't give you anything because I have nothing to give." I said holding my hands up on surrender.

Let's just say he didn't quite accept my surrender, and with great force, he slapped me clear across my face. I fell helplessly onto the ground hitting my already damaged head.

I've tried being a quite and nice person but now I'm really pissed.

I pulled my body off the ground and stood up straight. I looked him dead in the eyes and said, "You can accuse me of whatever you want, but I will not be submissive to such an arrogant ass!"

"You little b-!" He yelled grabbing my small frame and raising a fist to my face.

I was held unable to move. I squeezed my eyes shut awaiting the pain of the blow but it never came.