Remembrance

Chuck flashed a boyish grin at Newt and I which immediately made my face turn bright red. I knew this wasn't going to help the situation at all.

Clint smirked at the two of us and said, "I heard you needed a medjack Greenie but I guess not. Though I should probably still check out your injuries just incase. You others can leave."

"I'm fine really, I don't think-" I was interrupted by Newt.

"She's fine Clint." He said sternly. He gave Clint and all too familiar and knowing look. "Remember the rules Alby established."

"You don't seem to be following them..." he mumbled angrily under his breath.

What rules is he talking about? I feel very distant from the rest but truth be told I was glad Newt didn't make me stay alone with Clint. Something was off with him.

Newt ignored his comment and told me to follow him out of the hut.

"It's almost dark out," Newt said gazing up at the sky with hopeful eyes, "you hungry?"

"Yeah I guess." I said weakly, lying as best I could.

"I get it," he said, "but it's probably best to try and eat something tonight. Tomorrow is going to be a critical day for you; you're being put to work Greenie."

"So I've heard." I said closing my eyes as I felt a cool breeze on my warm skin.

Strange as it sounds, I enjoyed the night much more than the days in the Glade.

"Wanna sit down?" Newt whispered as if trying not to interrupt my moment of reflection.

I nodded slightly and we walked over to a big tree. We sat down staring up at the moon peaking over the wall.

"I'm beginning to remember things." I said softly," My-my name is Marie..."
Feeling bold, I leaned my head gently against his shoulder and looked up at his face.

He tensed up and seemed uncomfortable at first with our contact, but slowly his face turned to one of realization. After a minute or so he reached out to grab my hand in his. He said quietly "Welcome to the Glade Marie"

And in that instant I felt safe. I knew this boy and I remembered it all, but would he?