Chapter III: What Ails Thee, Fair Maiden

Inside the dormitory of the Royal Navy. A meeting of grave importance was taking place. The likes of which could determine the fate of the world. A meeting that hinges on a single question. And that question is...

"Would you like some more tea, your Grace?"

"Yes, I would, thank you, Belfast."

...

What? You know how the English are when it comes to their tea, so don't look so bloody surprised! Anyways, let us see what is going on, exactly.

Sitting at a small round table is the leader of the Royal Navy in Azur Lane, Queen Elizabeth, her sisters Warspite and Valiant, the Battlecruiser Hood, and finally the Head of the Royal Maids Belfast, who is serving tea and cookies.

"A lovey brew as always, Belfast." Compliments Hood as she dainty drinks her cup of tea.

"Thank you, Lady Hood." Says Belfast, bowing gracefully.

Hood takes another sip of tea, "I hear we are getting a visit from a Royal Navy Admiral today."

"What!? Why wasn't I informed about this?!" Cries an indignant Queen Elizabeth.

"From what I understand, the Shikikan was herself informed just this morning, your Grace," Belfast tells her.

"Hmph! We are not amused!" The young Queen says with a pout.

"Do you have any idea as to why he is visiting?" Asks Valiant.

"No," Admits Hood with a sigh. "But if I had to guess, it has to do with the recent signs of discontent amongst certain partner nations of Azur Lane."

"Indeed." Concurs Warspite with a frown, "it is no secret that both the Ironblood, the Northern Parliament, and the Sakura Empire are dabbling in Siren Technology. A fact that both we and the Eagle Union have argued against vehemently. Not to mention the fact that there seems to be a schism developing within the Iris Orthodoxy."

The grim atmosphere that began to surround the ladies was only broken by three light knocks at the door.

"See who that is, would you Belfast?" Elizabeth commands the Head Maid.

Belfast bows and then walks over to the door and opens it, revealing a familiar ashy haired woman in a gothic dress.

"Ah Formidable, come in. Her majesty has been expecting you." Says Belfast.

Formidable enters the room and bows before Queen Elizabeth, "Your Grace. I have urgent news to report."

"What is it?" Asks the pint-sized queen impatiently.

Formidable pauses for a moment, gathering her wayward thoughts before speaking, "Your grace, I wish to report the discovery of a Creator."

-

"Achoo! Ah, Bollocks." Douglas grumbles as he and the seven Mutsuki sisters navigate through the inside of the Amagi.

"What does that word mean?" Asks Minazuki.

Douglas mentally chastises himself for swearing in front of children before replying, "I can't tell you that, lass."

"Why?" Asks Mutsuki.

"Because it's a bad word, lass." Says Douglas with a sigh.

"Then why did you say it?" Asks Nagatsuki.

"Never you mind." Douglas looks to the left of him and finds what he is looking for. "Ah, here we are."

Stepping through a metal door, Douglas and his tiny companions enter the engine room of the Amagi, entering a world of piping, gauges, levers, and steam turbines.