The Rogue

"Don't struggle. Don't move. And maybe when our Alpha sees you we'll tell him what a good little girl you've been and he won't tear you limb from limb." A rock was digging into Nova's cheek as the man who held her pinned to the ground leaned heavily onto her back, one knee pressing against her spine while his hand was clenched lightly against the back of her neck.

She forced her muscles to relax knowing that the fight was over. Her head ached and her ribs hurt and she knew that she had a gash across her right thigh that was fairly deep, and another across her shoulder that at least wasn't being pressed into the dirt. Her wolf had managed to slow the bleeding but if they were as deep as they felt, they at least needed to be bandaged and maybe stitched to help things along.

"She's pretty, Beta," said a large dark haired man off to the right, as the man holding her neck eased his grip a bit. He was growing more certain that she wasn't going to start the fight back up. He must have judged that the odds were in his favor. After all, there were a dozen of his pack members there, all of them hulking brutes who looked like they'd had at least three square meals a day every of their life, while she'd been a rogue since she was four, and had been on her own since her older brother had died two weeks earlier, which was not something that a seventeen year old rogue wanted to be, especially when she had the misfortune of being born a girl.

If she had been born a boy it would have been different, both for herself and for her brother. She and her brother would have been able to join a roving pack of rogues and that would have offered them a certain amount of protection. But because she was a girl there wasn't any place like that for her. And the price that was asked for her admission into that sort of group was one her brother simply wasn't willing to even discuss. He'd tried twice to have that sort of talk with friendly seeming groups after hiding her away, and trading with them when he'd had a particularly good hunting day, and afterwards he had returned to her furious, refusing to tell her what they'd asked in exchange for protecting the two of them.

"Don't worry Princess," the one they called their Beta laughed and she snarled at him, "our Alpha will be here soon. No reason to bring you back to the Packhouse if he's going to order your execution."

Nova somehow managed not to react. She didn't want these men to know that she spoke their language and that she understood them. So far they'd been fairly lax about speaking in front of her, and she wanted that to continue. As it was she was hardly used to speaking out loud. She and her brother had spent months in their wolf form at a time when he had been alive and had communicated almost exclusively through their mind-link. Since she no longer had a mind-link with anyone at all, her voice, both internal and external had fallen silent.

"Look at that ass." Nova closed her eyes and concentrated on her breathing. She needed to keep her mind calm and her thoughts collected if she were to have any hope of getting out of this alive. "Fuck I want to be the male who gets first shot at her."

"What's taking him so long?"

"I think he was fucking one of his sluts when I mind linked him."

"Of course he was." There was scattered laughter throughout the group and Nova felt her claws lengthen ever so slightly through the tips of her fingers. It was rapidly becoming clear from the comments of these males that she needed to get out of here and fast.

She hadn't just gotten captured, she had most definitely been captured by the wrong pack. Female wolves seldom had the best status in packs, where the men were usually stronger and larger, unless they had a strong Luna to advocate for them, and help soften often brutal Alphas. But in a few packs the females positions were sometimes far worse off than in others. If she had to guess from the comments she had heard so far, this was one of those packs.