Luna?

Part Two of Seven

The pack doctor had spent two hours cleaning and stitching her wounds.

"She's going to need vitamins and a special diet for a while after she wakes up." he explained. "She's malnourished. I would guess that she has been a rogue for a very long time."

"But you think she'll make a full recovery doctor?" Alpha Clay asked worriedly as he stared at the beautiful blonde sleeping in his bed.

The doctor nodded and smiled. His Alpha had been transformed in a matter of hours. This, he knew from personal experience, was the power of finding one's mate. "Yes, Alpha. She's going to be fine. Do you know our new Luna's name yet, Sir?"

"Not yet. I just know she's stubborn. She tried to reject me."

"Oh Alpha. She sounds like a strong, wonderful match for you then. The strongest Alpha's need the strongest Lunas. I'll be back to check on her tomorrow. But feel free to call me if anything changes. I'd expect her to wake up soon, but don't be worried if she sleeps straight through the night. She's been through a lot. And we both know that your men can be hard on rogues." The older man smiled warmly and chuckled before showing himself out of the room.

She had also been hooked up to an IV that had provided fluids and electrolytes because she was so dehydrated, and another which had given her antibiotics because the wounds had been so dirty when the doctor had had to clean them out. But now Alpha Clay was on his own and he lay on the other side of the bed, on top of the sheets and watched his beautiful mate, wondering how long it would take for her to wake.

She was so perfect, she reminded him of the Barbie dolls that his niece used to play with. She had long golden blonde hair that reached all the way to her elbows, although she kept it up in a ponytail with a long braid, and her eyes were the color of the ocean. Since she'd spent her entire life outdoors she was tan and her body was lithe and muscular. Alpha Clay just couldn't help but keep picturing all the things he could do with her. She was just too perfect.

"Alpha?" he heard his Beta's voice through his mind link.

"Yes Devon. What is it?"

"The men and I just returned and heard you found the girl and brought her back. I was surprised to learn she was in your bedroom. Does this mean your claiming her as your own?" Clay felt a growl rise up in his throat and he pushed it down. He didn't want to accidentally wake up his mate when it was so obvious that she needed her sleep.

"She is mine, Beta."

"The men are just hoping that once you're bored with her-"

"Stop right there." He forced himself to take a deep breath. "Never speak like that again. I can't talk to you right now."

Shutting off the mind link he turned his attention back to his mate. Finding her had been nothing like he had expected. He'd always thought that when he felt the mate bond and found his mate that she would throw herself into his arms and swoon because the Goddess had given her an Alpha. Instead this little spitfire had tried to run off and then when he stopped her she'd tried to reject him. She hadn't even asked his name until she realized she needed it for the purpose of rejecting him. And then she'd made a face at him like he stunk- his eyes widened in understanding.

She must have been able to smell the female he'd been with earlier in the day. He took a slow breath and ran a hand through his hair. How would he have reacted if she had smelled like sex and another male? Now his wolf did let out a growl deep in his chest. His wolf would have demanded they hunt down the other male and rip him limb from limb. No wonder she was so angry.