Chapter 10: The World-Walkers

"What?" Mor demanded. "How- why- but who-" 

"Save your stammering, it's not that big a deal. You all know I'm not of this world. Why is it such a big deal to have another World-Walker? We've always known there were more." 

"We have?" Cassian asked, confused. Amren just rolled her eyes. 

"We have," I said, suddenly remembering. "The Bone Carver. And the Weaver of the Wood." 

"Right," Amren said, crossing a leg. "So knowing the queen is from another world isn't the problem. The real problem is finding out why she's here. Or, at least, here in spirit." 

"Well, we'll just have to ask her the next time she comes. But until then, we should try to learn more about this Terrasen and Erilea she spoke of." Azriel said. "Cassian?" 

"What?" Cassian asked, looking towards his brother. When he saw Azriel's face, he scowled. "Don't tell me I'm on library duty with you." 

"Afraid so," Azriel replied, a small smirk on his face. "Come on." He dragged Cassian out of the room, still complaining. I suppressed a smile and turned back to Elain, who was now standing beside Nesta. 

"You said you saw a gate. What exactly does that mean?" I asked. Elain fidgeted with her gloves again. 

"Well, I don't know exactly. It's not... I don't know. I'm sorry, Feyre, but that's really all I can see." She looked rather anguished, and Nesta scowled at me. 

"It's alright," I said, though it wasn't. We needed to know more about whatever these gods wanted with me, and I needed that fiery queen's help. But Elain wasn't like me, or Nesta. She'd always been so gentle, and I didn't want to push her. 

"Come on, Elain," Nesta said, steering her out of the room. "Feyre has some business to attend to." She shot me a glare that clearly said leave her out of this.

The minute the door shut behind her, I growled and turned to Mor, Amren, and Rhysand. "How the hell are we supposed to get me and this queen together again? I didn't even do anything the first time." 

"Be patient, Feyre. I suspect it'll happen on its own. These gods have deemed you important, for better or worse. Aelin Galathynius will be back." Mor said, a smile curving her lips upward. "And until then... we need to learn more about her, and where she comes from." 

"Cassian and Azriel are already pulling library duty. I refuse to be stuck nosed in yet another book." Amren said, scowling. I laughed. 

"No, Amren, what we have to do is more important," I said. My gaze flitted to Rhys, and he seemed to get it. He smirked. 

"Lucky us. We get to track down a Suriel." 

Art by Charlie Bowater!!

Short chapter, I know. Sorry!! I kind of prefer writing from Aelin's POV, which surprises me a lot as Feyre has always been my favorite character among the 3 leading ladies. Anyway, don't worry, the next chapter is coming in a few minutes!!