oo. prologue

━━ 彡。༉༄˚✧ ━━

A MINUTE. A damn minute was the only thing that I asked for. But sadly, we don't always get what we wanted, right? The frustration boiled up inside me as I once again had to shut my mouth and return my sandwich into my backpack. My stomach grumbling angrily at my actions.

Following the zipping of my bag was the screech of the monstrous beast that caused me to narrow my eyes to slits towards the sound. I let out a scoff as I watch the horrendous insect copy my exact expression. This bitch.

Making eye contact with it, I slowly reached towards my back pocket. While doing this, the creature slightly tilted its head, curious as to what weapon I had in store for its large structure. A smirk made its way to my face as I gently pulled out my hand from behind, my palms tightly in a fist, and raise it until it was on the monster's view.

Curiosity got the best of it as it waited for my next move. My smirk slowly turned into a mocking smile as I slowly raised my middle finger and waved it around, "Yeah, that's right. Fuck you! I was about to eat, you bitch!"

Although thinking it through, flipping the large creature off wasn't the best idea as it screeched, very loudly, mind you, and made its advance towards me.

I did the best thing to do in situations like these. Which, as we all already guessed, is to run. Turning around as quick as my petite form could manage. I sprinted as fast as I could with a chuckle escaping my lips. I shall name you Trisha. The wind blowing harshly at my face that I had to hold my loose ponytail to make sure my only hair tie didn't fall.

To my left was a lot of trees. Ranging from spruce, pine, cedar, cypress, redwood or fir; Knowledge, people. Also to my right, was an abundance of trees. And in front of me- ugh, never mind, we all know it's also trees. Of course there's trees everywhere, this is a damn forest, you idiot.

Oh, and to complete the list of my humble misfortunes. Let's say that when I was looking back and forth at the large insect and the direction I was running to. I squinted ever so slightly and noticed the straight antennae. The monster had a small body which was followed by a giant long translucent thingy which I could only classify as an egg chamber for baby insects. A look of horror appeared on my face as a sudden realization hit me- this was a termite. Not just an overly large termite but an overly large queen termite. Termite queens aren't even supposed to move due to their obnoxiously large egg chamber but this damned Agatha 616 just had to make an appearance. I just love how even the harmless insects want to eat your whole body now. Stupid chemical compounds. A scowl made it to my face as I remembered what these creatures usually ate- fucking wood. How lovely, how about I just get inside a tree and become the dessert to its fucking wood fest.