xi. melancholy found in petrichor

━━ 彡。༉༄˚✧ ━━

TINY RAINDROPS

TINY RAINDROPS. Smell of wet grass. Sound of the water droplets. Those are three of the things that makes Aurora feel at ease. It was these things that made her relax. The things that freed her mind from negative thoughts and clouded it with relaxing conceptions. It was like taking a step back and just feeling laid back. Nothing to rush. Nothing to force. Nothing to stress. All the worries and problems seemed to slowly dissolve and just felt peaceful.

And as the loud roar of the rains' lion struck, also came along the pompous howl of delight from the boy much more ecstatic than the thunder. It seemed as though that the battle between the radiant boy and the colossal monster has brought the former and his comrades in a state of bliss.

Erratic breathing joined in on the beating of Aurora Kingsley's heart as together she ran, hand in hand with Joel Dawson, under the superfluous showcase of powers by Zeus. No care in the world about the absence of dry on their skin as all of them were drenched from head to toe with the rain that came along their much awaited celebration.

Upon finding shelter under a small abandoned shop. Boy shook his head to remove the presence of water on his skin which was quickly followed by Joel following his movements, earning a huge beam from Aurora due to his dorky action.

“Wow!” Joel grinned, overwhelmed. “You know I've never felt the rain in seven years. It's pretty cool.”

The girl closed her eyes for a moment and just relived the short memory of being very much alive. She was happy, well, she always was when she's with Joel, but this was a different type of happy. It was the type that made you feel light and have no single worry in the world. Soaking you with a bright light that causes you to just want to smile with every second that passes.

“Hey guys, do you think I'm crazy?” Joel questioned out of the blue. “Coming all this way?”

That made Aurora contemplate things on her side of the journey. Do you think I'm crazy? Coming all this way? Those words seemed to repeat on her mind, making her wonder if she herself was crazy to come all this way just because of something so confusing.

No. Her answer was no. She wasn't out of her mind to do such thing. But rather, she was gumptious. It was neither only because of her love for Joel nor was it due to just wanting to get outside of the bunker. But because she also had things to settle for herself. It was a journey of contemplating and a journey of changing. A journey of looking at different perspectives and have an eyeopening realization towards things. Because no one else would do it for you than yourself.

Hello,” A feminine yet robotic voice called out from behind the trio. Cutting all of them off from their own reveries. The threesome looked at where the sound came from and decided to go investigate. Joel leading them with security, keeping his hand on Aurora's arm and placing her behind him for protection.