ix. no paint splashed the canvas

━━ 彡。༉༄˚✧ ━━

BLANK. It was all blank. Aurora never thought that the day would come where nothing would go through her mind. Everything was empty and a shade of gray monochromatics in her head. Not a single bright color in sight. In her mind, she was sitting on the middle of a small room. No doors, no windows, no anything that could produce a light inside. She was covered with four, dull walls. It was claustrophobic, more so than the tightness when inside her recent bunker. A single girl sitting at the middle, crouched down with her arms on her knees and her head leaning on it, staring blankly at the more blank room. It was boredom.

She didn't know what to do. It was just her and the blankness of her mind with her. Come to think of it, Aurora Kingsley, has never in her life felt like this. Perhaps it was just because she was being dramatic or it's for the reason that she just didn't know what to do since her only mission now was to lead her best friend to his special someone.

It has been several days since they have parted ways with the experienced survivalists duo. Those days considered of just Joel and Aurora walking, basked in silence with the exception of Aurora sometimes silently talking to Boy. The two hasn't spoken since their argument and both have itched to blurt things out to each other. But both were also very prideful. Thinking that they were on the right with their sides. Joel thinking that Aurora was being selfish since she wasn't going to stay with him and the latter thinking the boy was being a daft son of a bitch who was inconsiderate of her feelings. It was the challenge of who would break first and speak to the other party. Their argument, if others were to judge, was just a mere small bicker but the both knew better. It was an argument where they were fighting for what they believed in, a big deal where they spoke their truths and only truths.

The duo was so keen on avoiding each other, which was very hard considering they were journeying together, that Boy was also flabbergasted on which side he would be on. But him being a dog just shrugged it off and decided to comfort both of them if they were so down.

Break. Break. Break. Who is the first to break. That is the real question. The twosome have been too away from each other that both of them were feeling a deep longing in their hearts. Pride. Petty. Pathetic. That's what they thought was reason of their argument, thinking both were different but a nagging whisper in the corner was yelling that it was for the same cause. What was the reason and who is the first to break?

"I'm sorry."

And as the words were said, the other was cut off from their thoughts and bit their lip, still not facing the other.

"Rory, please," Joel begged as he continued to stare sadly at the girl. "Please look at me."

Aurora released a sigh and folded the map that she was idly holding. The sound of cracking was heard as her ocean blue eyes finally met with the boy's dazzling but broken and watery blue eyes.