4 | f a m i l y

[1.2]

"she ended up eating a hot dog that killed her, so, maybe he's not the best angle right now"

After a long night exploring LA, which had changed drastically over twenty-five years, the four ghosts agreed that it was time to head back to the studio

After a long night exploring LA, which had changed drastically over twenty-five years, the four ghosts agreed that it was time to head back to the studio. They all poofed to the studio, but immediately froze at what they saw — or more specifically, heard.

They had appeared behind Julie, who was sitting at the piano. She was playing and singing a beautiful song, and the emotion they could hear in her voice was truly moving. They had only caught the tail end of the song, but they all knew that Julie was easily one of the most talented girls they had ever heard.

"Wake up your dream and make it true. Look out, look inside of you. When you feel lost, relight that spark, time to come out of the dark. Wake up. Wake up."

After she played the last notes on the piano, Julie grabbed one of the pieces of sheet music. She clutched the paper to her chest and then softly began to cry. Clearly, performing that song had been emotional for her.

Alex stepped forward to comfort her, but Luke caught his shoulder. He shook his head and signaled for them to leave, so they flashed outside so that they could talk without Julie hearing.

"Oh, dude, why'd you stop me? Julie needs a hug," Alex told him.

"Bro, a ghost hug isn't the feel-good moment that you think it is. All right?" Luke said. Mickey couldn't help but scoff — he wasn't exactly a master of female emotion. "Trust me. What Julie needs right now is just a bit of privacy."

"You know what?" Alex asked, narrowing his eyes at Luke. "I think you poofed us out because you can't handle when other people cry. I should know. I cried in a room for twenty-five years and I didn't get a single hug from any of you."

"Alright. Bring it in," Reggie said, moving to wrap Alex in a hug.

Alex put his hand up to stop him. "Don't touch me! Go back to wrapping yourself around Mickey like a vine."

"This is why no one hugs you," Reggie muttered. However, he did wrap his arms around Mickey's waist and pulled her into his chest.

Luke glanced at the pair before focusing back on Julie. "Okay. I think the first thing we should do, once we get the courage to go in there, is ask Julie why she lied about playing the piano."

"Yeah, you know, maybe tell her how amazing she is," Alex suggested.

"Yeah, course, bro," Luke said, realizing that was a better way to start things out.

"She's legit. I got ghost-bumps," Reggie said, showing off one of his arms. Mickey chuckled but still reached to feel his skin, which did in fact have goosebumps.

Then, a young girl, who none of them had met yet, walked briskly past them and into the studio. Her head was down and they could hear quiet sniffles coming from her.