1 9 | e x p l a i n

okay, here's the actual last chapter. it was pretty rude of me to leave the whole book on a cliffhanger that huge. so, here ya go! now we must wait for a season 2 announcement

"i can't exactly run around school claiming that i can see ghosts"

"Yeah. You both do."

Carrie and Mickey shared a nervous look and both gulped. The time had come — they had to come clean. Mickey had spent weeks trying to keep Carrie a secret, but after what had just happened, it was impossible. The pair continued to stare at each other, not quite sure how to start. Neither of them wanted to explain it all.

"One of you say something," Alex said, sighing. "Explain!"

Carrie's eyes widened and she quickly placed her finger on her nose. "Nose goes!"

"Nose g — fuck," Mickey muttered, having put her finger to her nose just a second too late. She groaned and tossed her head back while Carrie smiled triumphantly.

"What was that?" Reggie asked, confused by their actions.

"That's a game to choose who has to do the unwanted task," Mickey explained. "Carrie taught me two weeks ago. I'm not good at it yet."

"Two weeks?" Julie repeated, shocked. "W - what? How long has this been going on? How long has she known?"

"Um, like, the whole time, actually," Mickey muttered.

"The whole time!" Julie exclaimed. Her hands flew to her hair and she pulled on it anxiously.

"I feel like this is, like, a sit-down conversation," Carrie told her. Mickey nodded in agreement.

She and Carrie made their way to the couch. Reggie was the first of the others to move. He sat next to Mickey and pulled her into his side. Sure, a major bombshell had just been dropped on them all, but he was just happy that Mickey was no longer in pain. Slowly, Julie, Alex, and Luke sat around them.

"Okay, so, like, in my defense," Mickey said, putting her hands up, "part of this is totally on you guys. You all just, like, forgot that I didn't show up here with you all when we died. I told you about appearing in a girl's bedroom and that she could see me."

"Woah, I did completely forget that," Luke muttered with wide eyes. "I mean, I guess you stopped talking about her, and then everything with the band and Caleb kept us distracted."

"That night, Mickey appeared in my room and I was totally freaked," Carrie told them, finally feeling confident enough to speak up. Though, Julie was still eying her warily. "I didn't believe her at first when she told me that she was a ghost, but then my dad ran in after hearing me scream, and he couldn't see her."

"Wait. Wait, you saw Trevor?" Alex asked.

Mickey sighed and nodded. "I did, but at that point, I still thought it was 1995. I had no idea it was him at that time." Reggie kissed the top of her head to comfort her. "Anyways, after I found out it had been twenty-five years, I went off to find you guys. Luckily, I thought of checking our old house."