1 4 | d a n c e

[1.6]

"am i a bad girlfriend for wishing they would've made out"

Mickey was the happiest she had been since dying and becoming a ghost

Mickey was the happiest she had been since dying and becoming a ghost. How could she not be when Reggie loved her back, and they were finally together. She moved with a skip in her step and a smile on her face everywhere she went. Reggie and Mickey spent all their time together, just goofing around.

Currently, they were in the kitchen and watching Julie's father, who was blissfully unaware of their presence as he sang Finally Free to himself. Reggie twirled Mickey around the kitchen as he sang along with Ray. She smiled lovingly up at Reggie before leaning against his chest.

"I got a spark in me. Hands up if you can see. When you're a part of me. Hands up if you're with me. I got a spark in me."

Julie came downstairs for school with a small grin on her face. The last thing she had expected to see was Reggie singing with her father as he made breakfast.

"This is new," she stated.

"Yeah. I was in the mood for cooking some breakfast," Ray told her.

Reggie giggled and kissed the top of Mickey's head. "He thought you were talking to him. Me and your dad are pals now. It's a little one-sided, but it works." Julie shared an amused look with Mickey before looking back at her dad.

"Look, after the talk we had the other night, I was thinking that I may have cost you an opportunity with that manager," Ray said, frowning. "So, I was thinking—"

"Dad, no. I should've never snuck out," Julie told him, shaking her head.

"Let the man speak. He's been stress eating all week," Reggie told her.

"Don't know where he puts it all though. It's just so... firm," Mickey said, staring at Ray's stomach. Reggie snickered and Julie raised an eyebrow while Mickey simply shrugged. "What? He's a handsome man."

Julie tried to hide the disgusted look on her face as she focused back on Ray. "I know, but I really want to support your band, so I called in some favors and I booked you a local gig."

"Best dad ever!" Reggie exclaimed.

"Oh my gosh. Where? Did you call your buddy from Drakes?" Julie asked him.

Ray smiled tightly. "Not quite. I called Flynn, and she's gonna help us throw a party. Here. Tonight."

"Oh. So, you booked us a gig at our house?" Julie asked, looking visibly less excited.

"Maybe you were a bit too early with the Best Dad Ever award, babe," Mickey whispered, looking at Reggie over his shoulder. He winced and nodded in agreement.

"All right, hear me out," Ray said. "You invite some of your friends over, you invite some of your friends, and I'll get some colleagues to put you on film. That way, you have something professional for your YouTube."