Chapter Eleven

@tory-dim -- Hey, i miss your stories already! :)

***

One message received: "Hey Dumbo! You busy?"

One message sent: "Nope. Why?"

"Just asking. Hey, I didn't see you on the soccer field this morning."

"Sorry. I was stationed at the basketball court."

"Too bad."

"I went there but the game was already finished. I heard your team won. Congrats!"

"I made three goals today..."

Should I reply to his text? What if he would say something that would render me speechless, or would textless be the appropriate word? I decided to reply to his message. "That's great! How's your ankle? I hope it's not hurting you."

"No. But my heart is," his reply to me.

"What? Are you okay? Maybe it was the heat. Maybe you need to get ECG."

"I haven't seen you all day that's why my heart aches."

I suddenly giggled as I read his reply. I flopped on to my bed and couldn't stop myself from smiling. Really, since when did Mark become this cheesy and corny? "Ha-ha. Your pick up lines are so lame. LOL."

"I guess you're really tired today, huh?"

I texted my reply: "A little. Why you ask?"

"Because you kept on running in my mind all day long."

Now he was really being corny! But I just couldn't help from laughing as I read his message. "Worst pick up line ever! Hahaha."

"I want to see you tomorrow."

I paused for a minute. Ryan already had someone in his life. Mer has a boyfriend. I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to expand my circle of friends. "Sure."

"Great! I don't have any game tomorrow so I could hang out with you."

"Okay. Got to go. Need to sleep now."

"Okay. Goodnight, Kyla."

"Goodnight, Mark."

"Those three goals I made today, they're for you... Three goals for I Like You."

I did not respond to his last text. He finally said it. And I had no idea what to reply.

***

"Okay, Kyla. Let's review our notes," Mer was saying. But I wasn't really listening to her. My mind was drifting and floating away. It was Mark and his corny pick-up lines' fault. I suddenly smiled as a memory of his text flashed across my mind.

We were at the cafeteria having our snack of halo-halo, and Mer was droning on and on again about whatever she was saying.

"Hello! Earth to Kyla!" Mer said, waving her hand in front of my face.

"W-what? Sorry, Mer. You were saying?"

She rolled her eyes. "I said let's have a recap of the notes I wrote. So okay. You mentioned before the things you like in a guy, remember? So I made three columns with Luke, Franco and Mark's names at the top then below are the qualities that you like about them."

I gave her a nod, indicating for her to proceed.

"Okay," she started. "Under Luke's name: Boy-next-door, knows how to play the guitar, intelligent, charming."