Chapter 1

Julie sighed, grabbing the boys attention seemed to be a next to impossible task, they never stopped talking. She had found a killer place that would serve as a perfect inspiration generator, she even picked out a day that she knew would have some of their best entertainers on the clock.

The place was called 'Le Paradis du Chanteur', it was an infamous diner known for being a local hotspot for producers and record execs and more recently for it's singing staff. You never knew when a performance would break out, that's what made it so popular. Julie wanted to try something new and she figured this would the perfect place, maybe she could talk to the staff for some real-life inspiration and possible even a future gig.

"Guys!" The boys looked up, their eyes widening. "Finally, thank you. I found a great place to find producers, book future gigs and maybe find some inspo, wanna hear?" She questioned, knowing it would pique their interest.

"You know it, Julie. Uh, where are we going exactly?" Luke stutters, scratching his neck awkwardly. Alex and Reggie smirk, Luke was always ready to run after Julie without even knowing where he was running to. "We are going to Le Paradis du Chanteur, Flynn's coming too so I don't look insane" She chuckles, at the boys confused faces. "Le Para- what? Is that a fancy French food?" was the response she got.

She shook her head and rolled her eyes but her smile was evident, "No, it's a diner or restaurant of sorts, it was originally a fancy restaurant for rich people but the new owner wanted it to be a place for happiness and music that anyone could enjoy. The name fit so I guess they just never changed it."

They walked into the diner and were met with an incredibly warm and friendly atmosphere, everyone was talking and feeling hyped for an impromptu performance. There was a band that sat in the corner of the room on a piece of raised flooring, their playing accompanied by the chatter coming from all directions.

"Hi, welcome the Le Paradis du Chanteur, how can I help you on this magical day?" A waiter appeared out of nowhere, a bright smile on their face. "Can we get a table for two?" Julie asked, the waiter's smile was infectious and soon found its way onto their faces too. "Sure can, if you'll follow me." They said and the group was escorted to a table near the middle. "This is table 12, it'll be your own special table for your time with us. I'll be back in a minute to collect your orders." They said before leaving.

"Hey, why don't we get seats?" Reggie said, pouting at Julie. "Because we're dead and no one can see us, or did you forget that?" Alex sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"Ohhh. That makes sense."

Flynn grabbed Julie's hand, she looked like she was going to burst, "Thank you so much for bringing me here with you. I've wanted to come here since forever!" she flung their hands around until they let go. "No problem, thanks for coming so I don't look like a crazy person." Julie smiled.

The waiter came back after a minute or two, notepad in hand, "What can we get for ya?" Julie and Flynn looked down at their menus, "I'll get an oreo milkshake and..." Julie trailed off, turning her gaze to Flynn, "I'll grab a chocolate crepe and an oreo milkshake too, thanks" The waiter scribbles down the orders, "Okay so one crêpe au chocolat de la nuit and two milkshakes coming right up!" They say before walking out to the counter

"How was I supposed to pronounce that fancy French name?"

Then a girl in a waiting staff uniform came out of the kitchen doors holding a pie, she walked up to the counter where a display case and a balding man waited for her. The band started to pick up, and a few conversations petered out. She placed the pie down and grabbed a tray, notepad, pen and napkin from the counter.