Six

-- In Which Gerard Demands Answers --

idk anymore

----

"Lindsey," Gerard said firmly, slamming down his lunch tray as he towered over his friend -- who was already seated, and mid-bite into her sandwich.

"Um, yes?" She asked through a mouthful of bread, chewing for a few moments before swallowing and watching as Gerard sat down.

"Tell me everything you know about Frank Iero."

Lindsey raised an eyebrow then. "Why?"

"Because," Gerard said simply, opening his milk carton and shoving a straw inside. 

"Hm," Lindsey hummed. "Frank Iero, as in... the little punk sophomore?"

"That's him." Gerard agreed, nodding as he sipped his chocolate milk.

In all honestly, Gerard probably wasn't even supposed to know Frank's last name, but in a confused and frustrated mental breakdown from the previous night, he had spent fifteen minutes flipping through his yearbook to find him -- succeeding, and finally seeing the confident, quirky smile of Frank beaming back at him. He had gazed at the photo for a few fleeting moments, before groaning loudly and slamming the book shut -- shoving it back into his shelf and throwing his head back in frustration, his fingers tangled into his hair and tugging angrily at the short, chestnut locks.

"Why do you want to know about him?" Lindsey asked once more, resting her chin into her palm as she eyed her best friend suspiciously.

"Because," Gerard hissed. "Just-- ugh."

Lindsey quirked her eyebrow. "Do you like him?"

"No--" Gerard spat frantically, blushing furiously and looking away. "We've just... we've been texting, and I barely know him. I just want to know more."

"How'd you get his number if you don't know him?"

"Bert fucking wrote it in a stall, and then boom, Frank's texting me," Gerard said. "Bert kept saying that he was gonna get me laid, but I didn't think he'd actually do it!"

"You should thank Bert," Lindsey shrugged. "Frank Iero? Do you know how many girls drool over him?"

"What?" Gerard asked dumbfoundedly. "He's that kinda guy?"

"Have you seen him?" Lindsey dead-panned. "He's hot. I don't blame them."

"I--" Gerard stammered. "That's not the point! Is he, or is he not, a fuck-boy?"

"From what I know of... no." Lindsey said casually, chomping into a baby carrot. "He could get all of the girls-- and guys-- if he wanted, but he doesn't."

"Why?"

"Again, from what I've heard, he's more of the 'actually dating' type," She said. "I mean, he dated that Jamia girl at the beginning of the year for like, what, three months?"

"He did?" Gerard asked -- his heart fluttering suddenly as he realized that maybe Frank wasn't just looking for a quick fuck. That he might actually care about him...

"But, I mean, that's just rumors and word of mouth," Lindsey shrugged. "I've never actually talked to him, so I wouldn't know."

"Oh," Gerard said lamely. "Well, thanks."

"Anytime, bestie," Lindsey grinned, ruffling his hair and causing him to pout.

And as she continued going off on some random tangent, Gerard could only think of how much he hated himself for letting his gut home butterflies for some boy that he barely knew...

----

a/N: tea

-xoxomikes