Epilogue

-- The One in Which They Live Happily Ever After... --

kinda feeling sad this is over, although i literally spent like, three days total on it. it's the first fic i've actually ever finished in full, despite it being a stupid texting fic, and honestly, i'm kinda proud of having it done, even if it's a stupid lil one that i didn't put much effort into. enjoy xoxox

----

May 26th

Frank's fingers were tangled with Gerard's as the two walked down the hallway, Frank confidentially beaming as Gerard smiled shyly at the passerby. 

It had been well over a month since that fateful evening at the park, and Frank and Gerard had been going strong ever since. In the weeks passing, Gerard had gone and met Frank's mother, who had warmly welcomed him into the family with the biggest hug he'd ever received from a partner's parent. 

Frank had done the same with Gerard's family, making quick friends with Mikey -- in the same grade as him -- and having Gerard's mother take a particular liking to him. Whilst Gerard had gone and met Frank's friends, Frank had also been properly introduced to Gerard's. He had even gone as far as to thank Bert for vandalizing the stall with his boyfriend's number, making Bert laugh, and go on to tease Gerard relentlessly.

Gerard knew that Bert would never let him live this down. 

But even Lindsey, who was known for her protective and intimidating demeanor, had softened around Frank -- deciding to take him underneath her wing in order to teach him the ways of teasing Gerard.

Frank had only giggled, and Gerard had protested with a pout.

But now, Frank and Gerard were able to show off each other with confidence -- holding each other close and making sure their love was known just as any straight couple would. Gerard himself had always been nervous about these kinds of things, but Frank on the other hand, was proud of who he was -- and promised Gerard that he'd protect him no matter what.

And so he did, and much to Gerard's surprise, they actually didn't get much shit. While there were the fair share of girls who were highly jealous of him, and believed that Frank deserved so much better, (such as them) but Gerard had chosen to simply ignore them.

And well, Gerard would say that things were going pretty damn well in his life. Despite the struggles his parents were still going through, and his still very present self-confidence issues -- Gerard was happy.

Of course, he wasn't going to be cliché like all of those teenage coming-of-age movies, and he wasn't going to say that it was 'all because of Frank,' and then proceed to go on a tangent about how wonderful his boyfriend was -- because, well, even though Frank did play a part in helping Gerard's mental health, Gerard had done a lot of it himself.

He still owed a lot to Frank though -- because Frank truly did make Gerard happy. He was his butterfly-supplier, and his kiss-giver, and his cuddle master.

And fuck, maybe Gerard was kinda turning into a soppy teenage coming-of-age movie. 

But either way, Gerard adored Frank, and Frank adored Gerard -- and in the end, Gerard supposed that was all that they really needed...

----

1 new message, frankiee 🤦‍♂️🦋❤️💞😍🥰 -- 10:36 PM, May 28th. 

hey g?

Read -- 10:37 PM

yeah?

i love you

oh wow

i love you too :')

<3

<3

----

a/n: aaaaand, scene. 

wowie, i've finally finished this. how was it? how do we feel? good? bad? really tired and just wish to go to bed? either way, i hope that u all enjoyed this :')) sometimes we all just need to let loose and let the less serious side of our writing show. ily all, and thanks for sticking around :)

xoxomikes <3