Fifteen

-- Big G's Big B--

:0

----

4 new messages, frank 🤦‍♂️🦋 -- 12:00 AM, April 9th

hAPPY BIRTHDAY G !!!1!1!!111'!!!11!!!

🥳🥳🤩😍🥺😊😊💞💞💞💞🥺🥺💞✨

I HOPE U HAVE A DAY AS LOVELY AS U ARE

<3333

Read -- 7:13 AM

<3

----

Gerard had almost forgotten of Frank's texts from the previous day -- until that morning when he opened his locker, and a little envelope came flittering to the floor.

Furrowing his eyebrows, he leant down and picked it up hesitantly -- although once he spotted the big 'G' in the middle of the envelope, along with the hundreds of little, colorful hearts scribbled around it -- he instantly knew who had dropped it in there.

Smiling softly to himself, his chest siezed before erupting with newfound butterflies, flushing his cheeks as he carefully opened the envelope.

Careful to avoid ripping anything, Gerard carefully pulled out the paper inside. His smile widened as he admired the card, dozens of heart stickers plastered onto a folded piece of printer paper -- along with even more hearts scribbled into the rest of the blank space.

His cheeks burned as he opened the card, exhaling softly through his grin as he spotted a gift card taped to it -- the large logo of the local art store emblazoned on the smooth plastic. Gerard gently bushed his fingers over the card where Frank had signed at the bottom -- a messy 'xofrnk' with hundreds more hearts flooding in the blank space.

The top of the card simply read, 'happy birthday g!' in big, messy handwriting -- colorful lines boxing it up and highlighting it from the rest of the card.

Smiling stupidly, Gerard felt his chest flutter once more -- jumping as he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Instantly spinning around, Gerard was met with his pigtail-wearing and lipstick-rocking best friend, grinning with a knowing look as she eyed the card in his hands.

"Looks like lover boy sent you a birthday card?" Lindsey teased, smirking as Gerard flushed and nodded. "Lemme see!" She added, reaching excitedly for the paper.

Gerard handed it over, and Lindsey smiled as she gazed over it, quickly returning it once she had finished.

"That's cute," She said simply. "He seems to really like you."

"I know," Gerard mumbled with burning cheeks. "He's told me."

"And why don't you want to meet up with him, again?" Lindsey asked, watching as Gerard carefully put the card away and began unpacking.

"Because," Gerard sighed. "I'm still scared

"Can I be honest with you, hun?"

"Go ahead."

"You're being a pussy," She said bluntly, blinking as Gerard did a double-take. "There's no fucking reason to be scared. He does all of this, and you're still doubting that he likes you enough to see the real you?" She said, raising her eyebrows. "He obviously does, and the longer you wait, the worse you're only gonna make things."

"I just... I really like him, Linds," Gerard said quietly. "I don't wanna fuck this up because I'm ugly and awkward."

"And you won't," Lindsey assured sternly. "You're Gerard fucking Way,  who the hell wouldn't like you?"

Gerard shrugged lamely, nodding reluctantly.

"I'm serious, G." Lindsey repeated.

"I know," He said weakly. "I-- just give me a little more time... okay?"

Lindsey only looked at him sadly before sighing. "Only because it's your birthday," She said simply, ruffling his hair again. "Which by the way, congrats of surviving seventeen whole years of this shithole."

"Thanks." Gerard chuckled, smacking her hand away.

"Just remember," Lindsey said suddenly, getting back to seriousness. "Frank likes you, okay?"

Gerard nodded, smiling gently. He was going to tell Frank who he was, just... not today...

----

a/n: aww look at that frank's a total sweetheart 🥺🥺 also i'm writing this on my laptop so be fucking grateful, do u know how long it takes to find the right emojis?? >:(( jk i do it bc ily guys :'))

xoxomikes