chapter 6

Due to Harry's presumed 'lack of attention' in his latest history class (because of Louis hottie Tomlinson), Mrs Marshall had decided rather unpretentiously to set him a one-thousand-word essay that outlined what he had missed during that hour. And it made him hate her impossibly more, because he had foolishly left it until the last minute the night before it was due, meaning he didn't drag himself into bed until gone midnight. He was completely shattered, lying in an undignified position, sprawled out pathetically as though he had been limply thrown down there.

And he should have slipped into basic comatose from there, but his racing mind didn't allow it. It only took moments for him to be rolling over and unplugging his phone from charge. He was browsing his Facebook feed within minutes, trying to ignore the biting thought that maybe he was just a bit of an addict when it came to his phone. But if somebody were to dangle his phone and Louis Tomlinson over the edge of a cliff, he would undoubtedly rescue the latter. Louis meant more to him now. Just thinking about Louis, and the sexual comments and eye contact he had been making, was enough to send shivers of excitement through Harry. He constantly couldn't wait until he saw Louis again.

Louis, quite possibly, found him sexually attractive - or he was at least a little bit curious about him, in that sense. But then again, he also had a girlfriend, plus he was Liam's older brother. This part of the situation was the one main thing that deterred Harry from being hopeful about any future sexual advancement. Was getting fucked by Louis too much to ask? Apparently it was.

He visited Louis' Facebook page, as he was thinking of him, to see that he had posted a new photo. Thank fuck! Harry's happiness levels increased by about quadruple. It was a sweet, brotherly photo with Liam that he had posted, in which it seemed plainly obvious that the two of them were only temporarily pretending to like each other for the sake of a good photograph.

Fuck, Louis looked good. Harry liked the way his hair was gelled back slightly, that was sexy. But then again, when wasn't he sexy? Every fucking thing he did was sexy.

Harry didn't hesitate to press the like button on the photo, figuring his backup excuse could be that Liam was in it, and Liam was his friend, so he liked it for that sake -- not because Louis looked one thousand percent fuckable and Harry wanted to leave love bites down his neck. Definitely not.

Then he really wanted to write a comment beneath it. In fact, the urge to leave a comment was eating him alive, wanting to do anything to gain Louis' attention again. He figured that he could probably get away with referencing to Liam in said comment - right? He tried it anyway, spontaneously typing away.

Harry Styles: 'Woah, looking rugged there....Liam that is ;) #hesgrowingup'

He didn't realise how flirtatious it sounded until he had pressed send, and now the comment was published and he was internally freaking out. Why had he decided that adding '....Liam that is' would be a good idea?! Let alone the fucking winky face emoji! He was honestly a total idiot. A complete and utter idiot. Now it looked absolutely blatant that he was flirting with Louis! And anybody who clicked onto Louis' photo would be able to see it.

He contemplated deleting the comment. That would only make it more suspicious, so he left it right there. Louis replied to his comment within the next ten minutes, and Harry spent a further five minutes on top of that trying to convince himself to check what it said.

Louis Tomlinson: 'Maybe he could teach you a thing or two then ;) #babyfacedharry'

Well then. Louis had returned the winky face emoji in a semi-appropriate manner, after an attempt to insult him, if "baby-faced" really was classed as an insult? It could have been a compliment for the future, being told he had a youthful face, but he was only seventeen now and needed to stop thinking about every little detail of every little thing so much.