chapter 27

Harry had Jamie's contact number up on his phone screen as he sat at home that evening, curled up in bed, and he would have been more relaxed if he wasn't going through all this shit. He pressed the call button with a deep exhale, putting his phone to his ear and waiting for the call to start going through. Jamie picked up after four rings.

"Hi, gorgeous. Had a think yet?" He greeted in a purr, followed by a chuckle. It wasn't funny on Harry's part.

"Jamie, can I just say that you're a complete and utter bastard." Harry began, earning yet another amused giggle from Jamie. "I'm not taking either of your stupid options."

"That'd be a big mistake, though," Jamie warned, "Considering what I know."

"And how exactly would you go about letting Liam know what you know?" Harry wondered, picking nervously at his bracelet.

"I'd just tell him, Harry." Jamie said. Harry could practically hear his smile when he said it. "Tell him you wanted me to play along with your dirty little secret."

"I've told Louis that you're blackmailing me, you know. It'd be a bad idea for you to continue with this, seeing as Louis isn't exactly happy with it." Harry threatened. He knew how defensive Louis could get, and could bet he was very good at hurting someone.

"I don't want threats, Harry, what I'm proposing is pretty harmless."

"I'm not giving you a fucking blowjob," Harry had lowered his voice speaking that line, knowing his family would hear otherwise through the paper-thin walls. "You can forget it. And neither me or Louis are letting you have a tape."

He heard Jamie slowly exhale, like a child about to throw a tantrum.

"Then Liam's going to know, isn't he?"

"Why do you have to do that to us, Jamie? We're supposed to be mates, aren't we? It's so shit. Could you at least show just the tiniest dose of respect?" Harry ranted, raising his tone slightly.

There was a heavy thudding on the wall, from his parents' side, and a furious shout for him to 'shut the hell up!'

"Everything alright?" Jamie asked, trying to be concerned having heard the yell, and Harry literally rolled his eyes.

"Look, I would back you up if you were in my position. We may be different, I understand that, but please consider this." Harry begged. "Please."

"I'm afraid I can't. Either you do something I ask, I tell Liam, or you do. End of."

Harry heard the call cut off then, indicating that Jamie had hung up on him, and he groaned and threw his phone back down again. He was stressed out and he missed Louis so badly.

He was really beginning to consider the final of the options Jamie had stated, him telling Liam himself, because that way it could be put as lightly as possible. He knew that if it got to the point where Jamie blurted it out, it would go something like: 'Liam, Harry's fucking your brother!' That would be a complete tragedy.

He decided he would text Louis and ask to meet up, considering he really wanted to get out the house and clear his head, and what better way to do it than seeing the guy who injected him with happiness? Sure, it was only the evening after he had seen Louis (with Eleanor) at his house, but it would be nice meeting later in the evening, when it wasn't likely anybody would see them. Harry just prayed Eleanor wasn't still with him; that thought made him want to gag.

Harry: Please can we meet somewhere, I'm actually begging you. I'm feeling really stressed and my family are too loud .xx

He only took just under two minutes to respond, so Harry was hoping he was on his own just hunched over his phone.