Wattpad Original

Original Edition: Epilogue

Love Spellbound? Buy your print copy now!

"Are you sure you want to do this? What if you're still bound to the property; won't it hurt to try to step away?"

Soren shook his head and pulled his lips between his teeth. "I have to try, Gem. Hazel didn't answer this question in the tome, so we have to take a risk."

I chewed the inside of my cheek. Archer had told me long ago what would happen if they tried to step off the property, and it sounded excruciating, nothing I'd ever want to see Soren experience. But it was clear he wouldn't be stopped.

"All right," I conceded, holding my hand out to him. "Here, hang on to me."

He held his breath, and an internal debate flashed in his cerulean eyes. Would he inch his way over or—

Soren took a huge step into the street. His eyes went wide, and his lips rattled together as he exhaled.

"I know this is a big deal for you, but it was a little anti-climactic for me."

His laughter filled the square, which had returned to its normal state after Winter Spirits. "Did you want me to fall to the ground like I was being electrocuted to death? We could give it another try."

I gave him a playful whack on the shoulder. "Of course not." I stepped closer to him and pressed my body against his. "This is actually really exciting. Now you can take me all kinds of places," I whispered, tangling my fingers in his hair.

"You could teach me how to drive," he said.

A sly grin took up residence on my face. "We could do it in the back of my car."

"I could take you to the best restaurant in Boston."

"We could make out in the back of movie theaters."

"You are very single-minded in your answers."

"Yep."

Not that Soren could blame me. Ever since I reclaimed ownership of the Reynard, my shifts have been interrupted by a certain Kobold at least once a day. He wasn't going to let time with me slip through his fingers again. And neither was I.

Soren laced his fingers with mine, and we started down the sidewalk. He took his time looking into each shop and was overly excited to wave at tourists. I would have normally ducked my head in embarrassment, but his new sense of freedom looked very good on him, and I didn't want to miss a second of it.

"I read they had the sentencing for Raven yesterday," he said. "Her dad didn't seem pleased that she was ordered to undergo psychiatric treatment."

"Well, as you've gathered, I'm sure, not many people in our family take too kindly to anyone being less than cookie-cutter-perfect. Besides, I think that even after the spell from the tome wears off, Raven would still benefit from therapy. Her father probably could too."