9. The Past of Stephan Bailey Wolf p.t. 3

[Warning this chapter is stupid long]

Stephan POV

[Three months before the girls were saved by Stephan.]

I sit at my desk looking at a file. I read over every inch then replace that one with a different one.

I repeat for about an hour.

I glance up at Daniel who's supposed to be doing the same thing but he's sitting on the couch, file in hand, asleep.

"Daniel." I say, he doesn't wake up.

I throw a pen at him and it hits him in the eye.

"1 million  transferred for hush money!" he shouts, jumping out of his sleep.

"Wake your ass up." I demand. "I'm tried it's like 4 in the morning. Let's call it a day and start again tomorrow." he whines.

"No. We finish tonight. For all we know whoever's taking my money would do it again in that small window." I say.

"But can't you get someone to do this?" he whines.

"I don't trust anyone else but myself and you for the job." I say.

"Normally I would smile and celebrate you calling me a friend but I'm fucking tired." he says.

"No fair! Why isn't Vance doing this too?" he ask, tossing the file on the table.

I look over to Vance and chuckle.

"What? What! What! What can you possibly be laughing about?!" he asks, irritated.

"Vance is asleep." I say.

Daniel shot up from his seat.

"No way! His eyes are wide open. That's his normal look, right?" he say, creeping up to Vance.

"Yeah but he hasn't blinked in an hour." I answer.

Daniel goes to investigates, or get himself killed.

He stands in front of Vance and waved his hand, not reaction.

Then he pretends to punch him, no reaction.

Daniel turns back to me. "Holy shit he is asleep!" he says, pointing at Vance with his thumb.

Vance reactions to Daniel's sudden voice and grabs Daniel's hand, bending it backwards.

Daniel screams in pain.

"I'm sorry! Let me go! Stephan make him stop!" he screams.

I shrug and Vance let's go of his hand.

"Damn man! I didn't do shit to your angry ass!" he shouts at Vance.

Vance looks at him annoyed but doesn't say a word.

"Good your full of energy. Get some work done." I say, saving Vance from being annoyed even more.

Daniel gives in and plops on the couch.

"You know 300k isn't shit to you, so why do you care so much?" Daniel asks.

He's right 300k is less than pocket change to me.

"It's the principle and whoever's been doing this has done it for five years and got off scot free." I say.

I return to the files and Daniel sits staring at the pile of files on the table.

He slams his hand on the pile and slides the files across the table, spreading them out.

I watch him glance over all the files.