Cullen's Anatomy

Every kid in Forks had been to the Forks Timber Museum at least twice. It was the go-to field trip destination for schools as it didn't require them to plan an out of town trip. If there was a budget, they might shell out for any of the other museums in Anacortes or Tacoma and even the Space Needle in Seattle. More often than not, the Timber Museum was where they ended up. When it was announced that the Seniors were going on a special field trip, they all looked at each other and knew where they were going.

Angela was the best field trip buddy by far. She packed snacks and a lunch to share, brought plenty of water, and gave over complete control of what songs to listen to on the iPod shuffle. She never took up too much space on the seat and always smelled like lavender too. This was why Lauren, the selfish monster that she was, grabbed Angela and claimed her before they got on the bus.

Jessica was left stranded. Eric had food poisoning from a questionable taco and wasn't at school so Tyler and Mike were sitting together. She made her way down the bus aisle, looking for an empty spot. Everyone was paired up already and she frowned as she realized her fate.

Of course, she would have to sit with the class loner nobody liked. Like Medusa, people avoided eye contact with Edward Cullen lest they get turned to stone from his glare. Bracing herself and cursing her luck, she wordlessly took the seat beside him as he stared out the window. Taking out her iPod and earphones, she resolved to listen to music and ignore him.

Angela and Lauren were seated a few seats ahead of them. She made eye contact with Angela who mouthed, "Okay?"

She nodded as she plugged in her earphones and pressed play on her iPod. She slouched in her seat and glared at nothing. The drive was quick, not even lasting ten minutes before they finally arrived at what looked like an old house. The statue of two men sawing a large rock with the Forks Timber Museum sign greeted them.

They got into line entering the museum, slowly walking through while the museum's operator told them about the history of logging in their town. Old tools, some rusting were placed reverently on the walls like the antiques that they were. They walked up to the firewatch tower that was meant to appear like a small house on the inside with the bedroom with the bunk beds and the kitchen with the metal stove complete with fake pancakes. Mike and Tyler tried to grab an ugly doll with orange hair prompting a reprimand from Mr. Ortiz.

Edward lumbered beside her, looking bored with everything and for once she agreed with him. Nothing had changed much since their last visit there which was back in Freshman Year. Nostalgia saddened her more than anything. This might be one of the last times she would be forced to this dang museum.

Back in Freshman Year, she and Angela had stared at the fake pancakes and debated over pancakes and waffles before both declaring that crepes were disappointing and useless. Lauren and Mike were dating at the time and he joked about buying the firewatch tower so they could get married and raise future kids there. Lauren had rolled her eyes at Mike while Jessica pretended she wasn't dying on the inside. She remembered wanting to jump off the tower and ending it all cause she feared Mike Newton would never return her feelings.

Was it depressing that not much had changed since then? She frowned and crossed her arms over her chest. Why was it the boys that she liked didn't like her back? Was she that insufferable?

Edward snorted. She aimed her glare at him as if he could understand what she was thinking. He had this weird thing of reacting with perfect timing. He was such a butthole. She wished he would retreat to a tower in the middle of nowhere and stay there. Not like anyone was going to miss him.

Lauren was moodier than normal which was saying something as the blonde's natural state was angry at the world. She snapped at everyone for any little thing. It got to the point they were all awkwardly sitting there in silence during lunch afraid to set her off. Her mood didn't seem to improve throughout the week and she finally landed herself in detention for fighting with poor Katie Marshall during volley back practice. Couch had threatened to take her off the team.