Top Of The Morning!

Jessica didn't want to have this conversation with Lauren. But Angela grew red as a tomato when anything beyond a PG rating was discussed and Jessica would rather jump off the cliff at La Push than discuss sex with her mom. Her only option was to talk to Lauren for advice. She wasn't sure about taking the next step with Edward who always kept his hands strictly at her waist when they would make out and seemed oblivious to any of her hints despite the telepathy.

Lauren was recovering from the full moon that weekend and would be at her house. Jessica was in luck because Jacob wasn't skulking around and Angela wasn't hovering over Lauren like a mother hen. Lauren let her in and the blonde went back to the couch where she had been resting. There was an empty bowl and a half-empty mug of ginger ale on the coffee table.

Jessica took a seat on the couch by Lauren's feet. She told her friend about the situation. Lauren listened and uncharacteristically let her finish without interrupting her. Jessica tried not to blush. She wasn't a virgin for Pete's sake.

Lauren reached for the mug of ginger ale and asked, glibly, "Can Cullen even have sex?"

Jessica sputtered. "Of course he can...I think. He's undead, not dead."

"I don't know how it works with vampires," the blonde replied, "For all we know it's all just biting and playing piano by candlelight."

"You've watched too much Interview with the Vampire," Jessica pointed out. "His living with three married couples and he's mentioned how uncomfortable that gets."

"Being the only one not having sex in the vampire cave?"

"Every time I try anything he stops me and just wants to talk about a dead poet," she griped. "I want orgasms, not literary discussions."

"Maybe they're the same thing to him. Maybe he's asexual," Lauren sipped her mug. "Have you tried to talk to him about it?"

"He's a literal mind-reader!"

"He's still a guy."

Jessica slumped against the couch cushions and voiced out her real concern. "Maybe he doesn't find me attractive."

Edward was so aesthetically pleasing, it was ridiculous. There were some moments she found herself just wanting to stare at him until she snapped out of it and remembered that he was still the same nerd who got mad when people dog-eared books. She still couldn't ignore the fact that they must look mismatched together. She noticed their classmates staring at them and wondering why of all people Edward Cullen decided to date that it was just plain old Jessica Stanley.

Lauren scoffed. "I'm not Cullen's biggest fan but he doesn't seem the type to date anyone he doesn't feel anything for. He stalked you cause he wanted to know where you were all the time. When you were ignoring him at school, he walked around like you shot his dog."

She remembered when he confessed his feelings to her. I hate it when you ignore me. He told her he loved her frequently. And he put up with all of her teasing. He did care for her but did he want to be intimate with her?

"You know what I think?" Lauren said. "You should just be up front and ask him if he wants to have sex with you. Or wait in bed wearing sexy lingerie. Or mentally assault him with porn or something. Whatever works."

Jessica did not like any of her ideas. She was sure Edward would freak out and run away or worse he would laugh at her. Like the sight of her naked body might make him wish he did die of the Spanish flu. Or make him realize he wasn't even into women at all.

She groaned. "You suck at giving advice."

Lauren shrugged. "That's Weber's forte. I'm better at stating uncomfortable truths."