Chapter 8

Ashton's P.O.V 

.
.
.

"Sit down now!" My dad yelled at me. I was pacing like crazy trying to think of where Annabelle went

"I can't!"

"Ashton I know you want to find her but you need to sit down and think!"

"I'm trying to think dad! I can't just sit down"

"Ashton!" Hunter started to yell. I walked over to him in the living room, ok I ran.

"What is it?"

"This" he handed me an envelope

"What's in it?"

"I don't know, for once I didn't open it" I nodded and tore the sealed paper. Inside was a letter and the necklace Daniel had given me to give to Annabelle.

Dear Annabelle's mate,

I honestly don't know who you are or care. I'm just taking back what originally belongs to me. My fiancé. I'm sure Annabelle didn't mention a thing about me to you which would make sense since you are her mate and I'm not.

I'll quickly explain. When Annabelle and I were young our parents made an agreement thinking Annabelle was just going to be human, but after she shifted at the age of twelve her parents tried to break the agreement, but my parents didn't like that and I'm still engaged with Annabelle.

There you have it, thanks for finding her for me. Don't worry we'll send you pictures of the wedding, and visit when we have pups, you could be their Godfather. Oh and just saying Annabelle is happier with me

Best of luck moving on

I growled at the letter and threw at the wall. How dare he, and Annabelle doesn't have the necklace to keep her powers from going out of control. My family all came over to the living room nervously, well except for my dad and mom.

"What's the matter?"

"That letter! Some man claims to be Annabelle's fiancé and said that I should move on to another girl other than Annabelle!" My mom picked up the letter and once she finished reading it she handed it to my dad. They both looked nervous.

I felt this burning pain in my lips and it only got worst. It was like my lips were on fire. I yelled out in pain and my family looked at me confused. After a couple of seconds the pain was gone, as if it never even happened

"Ashton what was that?"

"I don't know, I just felt this really bad fiery pain in my lips"

"I think someone kissed your mate"

.
.
.
Annabelle's P.O.V 
.
.
.

I woke up at 2:27 and I was really hungry. I got out of Ashton's embrace and walked down to the kitchen. When I was down there I got a bowl of cereal and ate at the island. It was still dark outside but I could see with my werewolf seeing that there was a figure outside. I walked over to the window to get a better look and saw the figure walk to the door.

I walked over to the door and looked through the peephole right as the person stopped knocking. I opened the door slightly and stared at the figure and immediately recconized who it was.