Chapter Two: Flashback

I was in love but I lost it
He couldn't handle the pain
Two of us came to the surface
But only one of us was standing by the grave

Lola's

Standing outside the door of the address my brother wrote down my heart beat increased. Tears threatening to spill from my eyes. I refused to allow them. I'm not weak. Not anymore. I will not allow myself to be made weak. Not my brother. Not anybody.

*Flashback*

"Danni Dog, where are you going?" I question my 5 year old brother, at only three I am praying that he knows the answer.

"I'm going away for a while Koala Bear." my brother speaks in a small voice, waterfalls of tears fly from my eyes and crashing onto the rocks of my shaking hands.

"Whi?" I question, "I don't want you to go." I say, tripping over my words. I thought I had gotten better at forming sentences, I guess not.

"I don't want to go either baby bear." Danni says, as the waterfalls fall harder from my nervous blue eyes.

"Don't weve me!" I cry, clinging onto my big brother with the tightest hold I can muster.

"I'll try to stay. I promise."

*End flashback*

When I woke up the day after my brother was gone. A note left on his pillow saying 'I tried' that was the first time I felt weak.

*Flashback*

"No daddy stop!" I tell, trying to stop my fathers murderous rampage. When he keeps kicking mommy I run in front of her, trying to protect her with my small body.

"Get out of the way brat!" my daddy yells making me whimper and flinch away. I hear mommy trying to say something that I can't make out but before I can even try to help her I'm thrown out of the way by my hair. Daddy then stalks over to me, towering over my small shaking frame.  Daddy starts to kick me again, shouting things that are becoming too muffled and quite to hear. What happened to daddy?

"Leave her alone!" my mommy tries to shout, my daddy snaps his head around to look at my mommy. He has a scary look in his eyes and a creepy smile as he approaches mommy.
When daddy reaches mommy he pulls her up by her hair and whispers something in her ear before stabbing her repeatedly making me scream.

*End Flashback*

I cover my ears in an attempt to block out the memories. I watched my dad kill my mum. I still remember her funeral. I was the only one there.

*Flashback*

I watched the box fall into the hole clumsily. The box that held my mother. Other then the man lowering the box I was the only one here. I had to. I had to say goodbye to my mother. Even if daddy doesn't want me to. Or want to himself. I wish Danni was still here. I really need him here. I need my brother to make me feel strong. He could've helped mommy. Maybe he could help me. Whyd my Danni go away? Where's my daddy?

"I knew you'd be here you little bitch!" my daddy yelled at me. Pulling me away from the grave.

*Flashback*

Later I discovered that wasn't even my mum's body. It was a random woman my dad also killed that was less brutal. He said it was a robbery and buried my mother in the woods. Last year I payed for my mother to be dug up and moved to a real sight that's near me. Now I go and see her all the time. I make sure to live my life for her. And never let myself be weak.

I knocked on the door in front of me after pushing the dark thoughts from my head. The door is quickly smashed open and I'm rushed inside the house. I look at April confused and tilt my head to the side. She just shakes her head.

"Come on I'll take you to Danni." April smiled, I just nod and follow her through the big house to wear my brother is supposedly is waiting.

"Koala bear!" my brother tells, wrapping his arms tight around me before I can dodge his grip. I just give him a small hug back once it becomes clear he won't let go until I do so.

'You wanted to talk?' I write on the notebook I have to hand, since I'm going straight to the  stadium after this. I'm wearing my workout clothes with a baggy sweatshirt over the top.

"Right sorry. I wanted to tell you why I left." I assumed that's why he wanted to talk to me. I just nod, knowing there's no point telling him he doesn't need to. It would just confuse him. "I wasn't dads kid. Our mother had an affair with someone rich on a one night stand. He got her pregnant. Why the man found out he decided he wanted his kid and when mum refused he took it to caught and got full custody of me." Daniel looked at me with guilty eyes.

'I know.' I wrote on the paper and his guilty eyes turn to one's of confusing.

"How? Why are you so cold? You know I didn't want to leave my baby bear." He says, his voice rasing the quiting down to a whisper.

'I don't need you anymore. Now are we done here? " I question, quickly standing up.

"Not until you tell me what you mean. How did you know? Why don't you.. Care anymore?" Daniel fired questions at me. "You might've forgotten about me but I never forgot about you." Daniel tells making me snap.

"You want to know why I don't care? You want to know why I don't need you? Well Danni dog," I say, spitting his old nickname like it was venom. Danni flinches away and my voice is saw and scratchy as well as painful but I don't care. He need to hear this. "I watched MY dad kill OUR mother. There was nobody there to hold my hand at her funeral or protect me from dads abuse. There was nobody there to help me run away. There was nobody there to help me through the depression. Nobody to make me want to talk. Nobody that cared about me from when I was 4 years old Danial. I've not been loved or cared for since I was 4. I am now 18. I don't need some brother now. No I needed you two years ago. I needed you to put me back together then." I growl out, wincing from the strain of talking. That's a habit of mine. Normally I don't talk but when someone pisses me off enough I snap. I've spoke to James a couple of times when he and his wife split up, when he lost his baby and when he's ex died. I've only spoken when someone has needed to hear someone.

"Lola I didn't know." Daniel starts before I walk out, completely ignoring him and jumping into my baby.

" Daniel starts before I walk out, completely ignoring him and jumping into my baby