Chapter Nine: Suggestions

Cause it's the story of a queen whose castle has fallen to the sea
Knowing there's no one who will be
A king that will come and save his queen
Alec Benjamin - Paper Crown

Lola's Pov

"Hey Lola, I'm Lex the head of security." The man in front of me said. He was around 20 so only a few years older then Ace and I.

Great so everyone knows who I am? I write, showing it to Ace whilst glaring at him.

"Your the second hands little sister of course everyone knows who you are." Ace speaks with a proud smirk glistening his face. Before I can write anything else Lex interrupts.

"I'm sure you probably want your own security key." Lex suggests and I just shake my head.

I won't be coming here often or alone. I wite and Ace's face falls.

"Well in that case how about you just come and see how the system works." Lex suggests again. Deciding it would probably be more fun then hanging around with Ace I agree.
"I'll take you to the security room. Follow me." Lex instructs as he starts walking. I follow after him.

Lex, Ace and I walk in silence until we make it to a room full of fancy screens, computer monitors and other things that fit that theme.

"And this is where the magic happens." Lex speaks with a wave of his hands when he walks in with a spin which makes me giggle and Ace gives him a sour look.

Lex ignores the look and moves to sit on one of the chairs and I sit next to him. Ace sits next to me, far too close for my liking but I accept it once again not wanting to argue.

"We have security cameras everywhere. This is our entrance, these are the main rooms, this is the kitchen and these are the private rooms." Lex says, pointing to the revent cameras. "To enter we each have our own security key. It's all digital and has an encrypted hard drive. Unhacable." Lex states proudly. I roll my eyes and decide to prove him wrong. I take Ace's phone and start to type quickly hacking into the system within a couple of minutes.

Your wrong. See? I write and show Lex the screen. Both Lex and Ace look impressed.

"Well we need a new encryption." Lex sighs.

I could help. I write, looking at Ace for permission, he nods and I start working.
I use diffrent numbers and words and keys in order to create the new encryption then change everyone's security keys over. It takes me around an hour with Lex's help we're done easily.

"That was impressive baby bear. I assume your the one that stole my parking space?" Daniel asks, making me jump since I didn't see him enter the room. I just shrug at his words.

"She really is something Dan." Ace says, looking soully at me, his eyes have pure pride and wonder within them. "She could be a great asset to the gang."

I shake my head. I didn't want to join the gang, there are too many unpredictable variables. Everyone sighs and once again the door slams open.

"Boss Mr Grey is here for you 5 o'clock meeting." A male says, in a very formal way. I roll my eyes, I guess our project won't get done today.

I have to go anyway. I write when Ace gives me an apologetic look. He sighs but nods and walks out the room.

"I'll walk you out baby bear." Daniel speaks, wrapping his arm around me, as if to provide protection from the outside world. I nod and wave goodbye to Lex as we walk out.

**********

I arrive back at my apartment and park my bike in the garage I brought last year with my other babies. I walk the few steps up to my apartment and am greeted with an unexpected sight. The door is wide open, the cold air rushing into my apartment. I cautiously walk in, keeping myself on high alert.

After searching the whole apartment I find no lingering danger just a singular note saying 'I'm coming Koala.' the words make my heart sink.

He's back. He's coming for me. I don't know how I'll escape this time. Maybe I'm not supposed to. I consider telling James but I know he would probably tell Ace. No members of the gang can know. If they find out they'll put me on house arrest. That cannot happen. I guess I'm doing it alone. Again.

**********

After a sleepless night I drag myself to school. Only wearing the casual clothes that I managed to pull out of my wardrobe whilst half asleep.

Walking into the building I can feel everyone's eyes on me but I know it's just in my head

Walking into the building I can feel everyone's eyes on me but I know it's just in my head. That's what I tell myself anyway.

I walk to my locker to find Carter already there waiting for me.

"Hey Lola, want to walk to class together?" Daniel asked. I nod my head weakly and open my locker, a note falls onto the floor but I pick it up quickly before Carter can see.
'I will always find you Koala.' The note says, making me sigh. I never doubted his skills but now my suspicion is confermed.
"Admierer?" Carter asks, I just shrug and lick up my nessassary books for my next couple of lessons to eliminate the need to keep walking back to my locker.
"You seem tired." Carter points me out. I shake my head, ignoring the fear that is rising inside me.

Soon we reach my class and I sigh in relief. Again our walk was mostly Carter talking and me just nodding and shaking my head in the right places. The onky difference being that I wasn't really listening this time. Instead I kept alert, making sure I was ready for any danger.

I sit in my normal seat at the back of the class and once again draw something random, only this time it was a girl wearing a flower crown.