Chapter Twenty Four: True Friend?

Lola's Pov

I go to my dressing room and shake the boys awake. They all groan but wake up.

"We have an hour till school starts." I tell them, "I'm going to shower you should all go get changed you sleep awful!" I state honestly. They roll they eyes but all mumble goodbyes under their breath.

I shower and get dressed in all black.

I go to James' office where he's busy working

I go to James' office where he's busy working. His head snaps up when he hears me enter the room.

"Lola we need to talk." James speaks, I sigh and sit down.
"They really didn't know. Ace did everything behind their backs, he's their leader they can hide things from them." James says.

"How can I be sure?" I question, feeling broken and weak. I hate feeling weak.

"Daniel is moving out, he would leave the gang but that's impossible without dying. He requested to move in with us but I'll say no if your not okay with it." James explains.

"He can move in. He's my brother." I sigh. "I guess I should talk to them."

"Yes Lola, you know I'd kill Daniel if he did that to you. The only reason Ace is still breathing is because I want to stay alive to protect you. You have to come to me next time your being threatened." James demands.

"Not if I it puts you in danger." I state, he let's out an angry sigh and reluctantly let's me leave.

**********

I get out the car and enter the school building.

"Speak of the devil." Ethan smirks. I roll my eyes.

"Hey guys." I smile. "I'll catch up with you later I need to find my brother." I walk away and go to Daniel's locker where I see him and April in a deep conversation.

"I can't believe Ace would do that to her." April whisper yells.

"I want to kill him. He almost killed her." Daniel let's pit a frustrated sigh.

"Guys..." I whisper under my breath.

"Lola we're..." April starts.

"I'm sorry." I inturrupt making her stop talking.  "I should've let you explain." I let out a regretful sigh. "Forgive me?"

"Of course." April says, wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug.

"I missed you." Daniel adds, joining the hug.

"James said you can move in with us." I say.

"Good, I want to be close to you at all times so that bastard can never get close to you again." Daniel states protectively.

"Group hug!" I hear Jack's voice yell before three pairs of arms are added to the hug.

"Gugs I'm being squished in here." I groan.

"Sorry." Everyone says in unison, letting go of me.

"Now baby bear, tell me who these are." Daniel states, pushing me behind him.

"Big bear these are my friends, Ethan, Duke and Jack." I smile.  "Guys this is my brother Daniel and my best friend April."

"Aw I wanted to be your best friend." Ethan pouts.

"Sorry that position is filled." April giggles.

"Shut it guys we have to go to class." I state, pushing everyone towards there classes and walking with April, once again sitting next to her.

**********

Lunch finally arrives, I spent the last three lessons trying to divide myself between April and Ethan. It wasn't easy.
Now I'm walking to the lunch table, April said I could share her food so I don't need to waste money getting my own.

"Hey Lol, Where's your food?" Ethan asks once he spots my empty hands.

"I'm sharing with April." I state, as of on cue April approached and sat next to me.

"Help yourself." April says, sliding her tray slightly over to me. I decided to try and eat the pizza which I only manage to eat half off, giving the rest to April.

"You still can't eat properly?" Daniel asked.

"Sorry big bear, I was starved for months I physically can't eat anymore." I sigh.

"You were starved?! Who am I killing?" Ethan, Duke and Jake all exclaimed at the same time.

"Already dead. I did it myself." April states proudly, I laugh.

"You sound far too happy." I smile and everyone laughs.

April's Pov

School finishes fairly quickly, I'm about to leave when I'm dragged into a supply closet.

"Hello April." Emily snarls.

"What do you want?" I growl, nearly 100% sure she is the one responsible for Ace's change in behavior.

"Well I though you might be able to help me." She smirks.

"And why would I do that?" I question.

"Well you like your life don't you?" she asks.