Chapter three.

He sat on a mall bench while waiting for her to get the necessities, gazing into the large window of the store as he watched her with a protective gaze. When Racheal came out he looked away quickly as he pretended to be asleep. 

She rolled her eyes before taking a seat next to him, her pointed ears poking down. "Hey doctor House, thanks for helping me out." 

House opened his eyes as he waved his hand dismissively. "Cuddy is paying for it, I'm just your glorified baby sitter. So what did you find?" 

He asked as Racheal pulled up a few plain shirts and pairs of leggings. He rolled his eyes softly. "I thought you'd be more interesting than that, not even a sweater?" 

The both of them stared at each other for a moment, before Rachael got up as she motioned for him to follow. House waved his hand dismisivlly as he leaned back to catch more sleep. She lowered her ears slightly before making her way to another store with shopping bags hanging from her arms, 

Rachael could feel it coming before even stepping in, her heart racing while breaking into a cold sweat as the bags she held came crashing down. Everything was amplified by ten times, the crowds of people she was within making her physically sick. Rachael was no stranger to these anxiety attacks, but they had always left her powerless,  she fell to her knees.

Before she passed out, she could see a tall figure shoving people out of the way as his cane shot above her to push away the young man trying to help. House gathered her into his arms as he stared down with what appeared to be guilt.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"You had an anxiety attack." 

House murmured beneath his breath, watching her lay upon the couch. At first he came to the conclusion that Racheal was lacking blood, having already injected a few syringes of his own blood into her once they were inside his car. Wilson was already in his apartment when they arrived. He was making tea for them both now, waiting for her to awaken.

"Hmm?" 

Wilson asked as he walked in with two mugs, passing one to House while holding his own that was wafting steam. He simply shrugged, before taking a sip. "I didn't think the kid would faint in the middle of the mall." 

Wilson pursed his lips. "You wanted to give her independence and show she has her own power, that or you were just really needing that nap." 

Both were right, but, House wouldn't admit it. He never wanted to admit that he cared or that he was weak. But with his boyfriend he could almost tell him anything.

"I don't really hate them, I'm just not good with kids at all...let alone one of my own kind."

House admitted in what sounded like defeat. His partner frowned as he sat on the arm of his chair and wrapped an arm around his shoulders, planting a kiss on his forehead. 

"I know you can do it Greg." Wilson replied with a soft voice.

-------------------------------------------

 Racheal began to stir, groaning as her world was fuzzy the moment she opened her eyes. Doctor House was snoring away in his recliner as his cane rested across his lap. She couldn't help but smirk once her vision cleared. In the kitchen she made herself something to eat, before sitting at the table alone in silence. There was faint embarrassment as the events that took place today came flooding back. 

Her fangs slipped out and pricked her bottom lip as she cringed in pain, before taking a sip from the bowl of cold, almost congealed blood. When she was finished, she washed the bowl in the sink before looking up to see House's reflection in the window. Turning around she came face to face with him as he placed the back of his hand on her cheeks. 

"The blood wasn't warm enough, a vampire needs warm blood or else it'll congeal faster in the system and be unable to process. It's why you faint easily during your anxiety attacks." 

He spoke as he opened a cupboard and took out a pill bottle, popping a few into his mouth as Racheal watched. "I'm...sorry about passing out there. It happened before." 

She sighed as House listened. He suddenly placed a hand on her shoulder. "I know, and that's why I'm going to give you the tools to make it in this kind of life. Lisa Cuddy gave you to me for a reason, and I'm not going to just give up because you passed out cold in the middle of the mall." 

He spoke with a sense of arrogance that gave Rachael the urge to roll her eyes. House pulled on his coat, whistling as he eyed her.

"Are you coming or not? We got the nightshift duty,"