Chapter four.

By House's logic, what Cuddy didn't know wouldn't phase his training. And that lead to him and his prodigee down in the morgue, with a willing test dummy. He circled the man in heavy dark make-up before his finger jabbed at a juggler, causing him to flinch. 

"Now when you go in the for kill, you're going to want to aim for the jugular for an instant kill."

House stared Rachael, as if telling her to pay attention as she sat on a metal gurney. Her fangs were out as her pointed ears were now relaxed and dangling out of her hair. 

"But since we live in a society that throwns on murder, your aim is going to be for below the jugular and into one of the major arteries. You have twenty seconds not to kill them, be sure to lick over the holes so they seal up right away, our saliva does that." 

She listened intently, jotting down his words in a small notebook as he demonstrated to her. But instead of biting down, he took out a surgical knife. Rachael could only watch in shock as he pressed it down into the flesh and caused the man to cringe in pain as he gritted his teeth. Blood ran down from the opening as House took a cup and let it fill half way. 

"Now my dear, this is why we spit n' seal"

He took a cotton ball and briefly licked it, before pressing it into the opening as the man suddenly sighed in relief. The opening quickly sealed itself closed as the pain became numb.

"You see, our saliva not only seels close the wound but also heals and numbs the pain. The average adult vampire needs half a glass." 

House passed the glass to Rachael, before opening his own thermos of blood as he held his cup up. "Cheers." He proclaiming before taking a swig. 

She did the same, the blood was almost hot as it went down smoothly with its bitter copper taste. "Doctor House, why do we need to drink warm blood?" 

Rachael asked, remembering his nagging from before about her drinking it cold. House suddenly smirked.

"Because, you cant digest solids. Once congealed it'll stay in your stomach forever and cause a nasty infection. It's also a part of the reason you fainted in the mall...we are technically dead but a clot in the veins can be dangerous." 

He was lecturing her now, basking in the moment of feeling superior to the newly turned vampire before him. House had suddenly caught her off guard when he slit his own wrist and let it pour into her cup he suddenly took from her.

"Now some of us are born with a rare genetic defect that only allows us to drink a certain blood type. I and our lovely assistant today are your matches, but my blood is better." He chuckled before handing the cup back to her. Rachael looked dumbfounded for a moment, before gingerly taking a sip. 

"You'll begin to feel a lot better after you start to drink your match." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I feel like a Mary Sue in some kind of bad fanfiction."

Rachael muttered out before taking a step out of the office, looking down both ends of the hallway to be sure that her mentor was elsewhere. She was mature acting, but she was still twelve and curousity got the better of her. Especially to explore the hospital. Rachael took a deep breath as the sounds and scents of the hospital almost over stimulated her. 

She made her way past bustling doctors and nurses for a few hours, ducking into a corner when Wilson came rushing through for an emergency. But before she could make her way any further she came face to face with Dr. Park. The young doctor took her arm and lead her to an empty lab before closing the door. 

"House is a bit angry right now." She nervously trembled before facing the kid. As if Rachael's sensibility decided to return, she suddenly realized the mistake she made forgetting that she's twelve and her being missing would cause more than worry. Doctor Park suddenly pulled out a wet specimen, she dropped it on a tray and nearly shoved the tools to Rachael. 

"Go!" 

Parker nearly exclaimed before the door knob twisted. Rachael took her lead before taking a slice into the specimen, just in time for House to nearly slam the door open with a scowl on his face. "There you are! You wander off for hours and-"

He stopped suddenly when he realized that Dr. Park was across from her, and giving her directions on the slice of grain between them. They both looked up as Chi couldn't help but cough before gulping. 

"Dr. House, I thought that it would educate and keep Rachael out of trouble if she shadowed me for the day." 

Her demeanor was nervous as usual, but House seemed to have bought it as he released a deep sigh. "Alright but next time tell me, not like I care but I have money on the line and Cuddy would be more than disappointed in me if something happened to the kid." 

House had already snuck the check Cuddy passed to him the other day back into her office. 

He lifted Rachael from the chair as he held her on his hip, like a small child. She was embarrassed, but relieved that House no longer appeared angry. She mouthed out a 'thank you' to Dr. Parks as she looked back.