1- Alright at First Sight

Y/N POV
"I'm just glad someone was brave enough to stand up to her. I'm certainly not. It's a joke that I got put in Gryffindor."

I was a l little taller than him and I held myself with a sort of confidence that, for whatever reason, made people avoid me. On top of that my brother was the infamous Jacob l/n. I could see all of this maybe being a little intimidating for a first year, but definitely not instill fear I saw in his darting eyes and reddish cheeks.
I never meant to scare anyone. So, I smiled,

"You can call me anytime you want that Merula girl taken down, I'll be glad to make sure she won't cause trouble for you."

"Thanks, y/n, I-I'll see you around."

After speaking with Ben Copper, I was a little pained to see him go. I enjoyed looking his cute little facial expression that he used as he spoke.
I met up with Rowan and we talked about the events of the day, including meeting Ben Copper.

"What's he like besides being scared all the time." Rowan giggled.

"Don't laugh!" I lightly pushed her shoulder, grinning at the thought of him. I thought about his scared self and how he was the only other first-year that approached me besides Rowan. I looked away as I felt my face warm up.

"He's alright."

The next time I saw him he was sitting alone at in the Great Hall. I went over to him smiling,
"Hey! What's up?"

Startled, he looked up at me, then he turned pink as he realized who I was. I didn't know why he was afraid of me still, haven't I been nice to him so far?

"H-hi!" He let out in a high pitched tone.

I have to do more if he's going to stop being afraid of me. I sat down and took his pale hand with mine, immediately feeling it freeze up at my touch,

"Ben... You don't have to be afraid of me. I'm a friend." I smiled, trying to get him to warm up to me a little. I didn't like the feeling of being feared by him. However, my words were futile. He looked away,

"I-I have to go.."

"Wait, Ben!" He stood up and hurried away.

Rowan came along as soon as he left the hall.
"What's with him?"
"I don't think he likes me." I mumbled.
"Oh, well, have you completed the potions homework?"

She went on to talk about the methods of using some ingredient. However I was distracted by the fact the Ben ran away from me. I mean, we were talking just fine the last time I saw him. Was Merula up to this? Who does that?

I spent that night in tears as it seemed I was never escaping the fact that I'm the girl that everyone avoids. Then I heard a paper slide under the door.

________________________________
Thanks for reading this!
Leave any suggestions I'm always open to feedback