3- First Kiss

Hi everyone who started reading my story! Thank you so much for checking it out and I really appreciate you <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ben and I started holding hands in the hallway. I've never pretended to be dating a boy. It was actually  completely outlandish, since I've never even actually dated a boy either.

Apparently, this situation did in fact lead back to Merula being the cruel bully she is. She told Ben that if he doesn't get me to date him before the end of the next week, then she would have full control over him and make him, well to put it lightly, her servant for the rest of the year.

I bet she knew he was scared of me which is why she thought he wouldn't go through with this stupid 'challenge'. Sucks for her, I'll make sure she knows I'm the best pretend girlfriend there ever was.

His hands were cold even after I'd been holding them for a while now. It didn't help that I had to share the stares that I already had before with Ben. He didn't deserve the judgmental stares. I looked over at him and he looked redder than usual. Was he okay? Maybe he'd caught a cold. Id have to keep my distance from others in case I had one now too. Just then I saw Merula come from around the corner and I tucked myself closer to Ben,

"Pretend you said something funny.", I whispered into his ear.

"S-something funny?" He said after turning very red quickly.

I giggled at his words and proceeded to say how he was hilarious and how glad I am that we were dating, meanwhile sneaking glances at Merula as we passed her by. I was delighted to see that she was watching, and she looked pissed.

I told Rowan about the whole performance we were putting on. She liked the idea of tormenting Merula, even though she said I was crazy for doing it in this way.

During classes with Ben, I'd sit by him and do things that girlfriends do. I could feel Merula glaring at us sometimes and every time I realized it, I made sure to play with his hair, shift closer to him, and giggle at nothing. That's what girls do with their boyfriends, right?

Although, every time I did one of these things, I saw him shyly grin from ear to ear as his cheeks went red. I enjoyed watching his cute face when he blushed. He's really good at selling the act, I thought.

We would also have whispered conversations, real conversations, during our studies. I learned so much about him and where he came from, the muggle world, his family, his home, his interests, and his many fears. He liked Christmas and Puffskeins. He was terrified of the Acromantula in the forbidden forest. We grew closer every day and I could tell he was more comfortable being around me now. I liked that part especially.

It felt like Merula barely mattered in our new friendship now. Or relationship. Whatever it was, I secretly loved it. Or was it him? Perhaps I secretly loved him.

After a week of this acting, we had gotten ourselves caught. Merula decided she'd confront us in the hall, with many other students watching,

"Are you going anywhere lovebirds?", she sneered.

"Yes actually-" I said as I tried walking past her. She blocked my path with her body. She was tall and towered over us. I felt Ben squeeze my hand.

"Move it, Merula."

"Drop the act! It's making everyone in this school sick!" She shouted with disgust in her voice.

"I know what you're doing! You're just trying to pretend to date your pathetic little friend to keep him from serving me!" She spat.

I did not take her words lightly.

"Oh really? If anyone's pathetic, it's you for picking on first years for no reason besides to make you feel better about yourself. Don't you dare call Ben pathetic!" I looked her straight in her terrible, evil eyes,

"You want proof, Merula? I'll give it to you."

Not thinking, I swiveled around to pull Bens face into mine for a long, deep, kiss.

When I pulled away Ben was evidently shocked and bright red. I just realized what I had done when Merula scoffed,

"You guys are disgusting.",  and she turned around to walk away.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bens POV

To say I was shocked is an understatement.

"Sorry..." Y/n whispered after a few moments of me not being able to move.

She's seriously sorry? For what? I'm the one who's head was exploding with millions of thoughts from the simple fact that she just kissed me! She shouldn't be sorry, because I was the one crushing on her so badly it affected me physically. I couldn't handle all of the words and emotions racing through my head. I stepped back to leave, run, anything to get out of this situation. But I felt my head hit something directly behind me.

"Woah watch it, Ben" Said Rowans voice. I turned around and saw her rubbing her shoulder. I felt myself in full panic mode and needed to escape right there and then.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Again thank you for reading! Especially the person commenting on my stories, you know who you are <3
Also, I'm not sticking directly to the storyline in the game, some parts are going to be ignored and others brand new. Leave any feedback or suggestions in my messages!