I'm a Mafia boss, not a babysitter

Antonio's POV (aka the tall guy)

I held out a glass of cold water to the girl laying on the floor in front of me. As soon as one of men left, she'd decided it was time for a nap and collapsed. 

I couldn't believe it. Most people would be huddled on the floor crying, or at least bartering for their lives, but this girl was passed out on the floor, having just stolen a blender from one of the biggest Mafias in the world.

I splashed the glass of water on her face.

Her eyes snapped open as she sat up, grumbling a quiet but distinct, "Rude".

"What did you say to me?"

The girl hauled herself up, using the windowsill to steady herself. She glared down at her clothes, which were now soaked.

"You got my favorite sweater wet! Do you know how long it's going to take for this thing to dry?"

"No, and I don't care. Now, tell us what you know and we'll let you go, no harm done." I circled around her as she brushed off her sweatpants.

"Yeah right," She snorted, finally looking up at me. "I know too much about your little 'organization'. You would sooner torture me to death than let me go."

Well, she had a point.

"We made a deal, and I am a man of my word. We'll treat you as our guest, and, in turn, you'll provide us with information." 

"Fine. You mean like right now, or after lunch?"

.............

She wouldn't talk until we got her food, saying her memory wouldn't work without proper nourishment. When Donatello pointed out that she'd just eaten all of their Oreos, she just silently glared at him until I agreed to get her some pasta.

This was going to be a long day.

Her voice startled me out of my thoughts. "Sorry?" I asked.

"So what's your name?"

"Coretti. Antonio Coretti."

She snickered, and I stared at her confused. "The names Bond. James Bond."

"What?"

"You guys make this too easy." 

I frowned at her before shaking it off and getting down to business.

"What do you know of your employers."

"Listen, all I know is that they recently had a change in leadership. The original boss was shot and killed by someone in a rival gang, and then that person took over."

This was a new development. I turned towards my men, motioning for one of them to go find out more on this mysterious leader.

"Do you know who this person is?"

"No. All I know is that he took advantage of their Mafia's confusion to seize the throne."

I frowned, running a hand down my face.

"How do you know so little about your employers?"

"What employers? I'm not actually a Russian spy, if that's what you're asking."

I stared at her for a second, trying to read her face. "Then how do you know about their new leader?"

"Oh, that? My ex was in the Mafia. I just overheard."

"Your ex is in the Russian Mafia?" My brain started working furiously. Could she be held for ransom? She hadn't seemed too upset when she said ex, so she could have been the one to break things off. Her ex may still have feelings, and we could use her to get more information.

"This pasta is delicious by the way," She said, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"The pasta. It's really good." She looked at me as though she was explaining something to a kindergartner.

"Just answer the question."

She sighed. "He wasn't in involved with the Russians."

"Then who was he working for?"

"Can we deal with this tomorrow? I'm tired."

I scowled at her. "No."

"Look. For all I know, as soon as I tell you everything, you'll shoot me. I might not have anything to go back to, but I'm not exactly suicidal."

I grunted, thinking it over. She was right, that had been the plan, but looking at her now I realized I couldn't do it. She looked so small sitting there, shoveling pasta into her face, and as I studied her more, I noticed how pretty she was. The curve of her nose, her soft lips, and her big green doe eyes all seemed to pure for this world.

"How about this. We'll write a contract. You finish telling us what you know, and we'll keep you alive. You'll become one of us." I heard my men shuffling behind me, obviously surprised about the change in plan. "The only catch; you can't leave."

.............

Eva's POV

I hummed, pretending to think it over. As long as the food was this good everyday, then of course I was going to sign the contract.

They didn't need to know that though.

"Deal."

He seemed slightly surprised, but quickly covered it up with a thin smile.

"Excellent. Qualcuno vada a redigere i documenti. Voglio che questo venga firmato il prima possibile." 

(Translation: Someone go draw up the paperwork. I want this signed as soon as possible.)

"So, what exactly am I going to be doing as a guest of the Mafia? Oooo, I'm excited, will I get to learn how to shoot a gun? I've always wanted to use a machine gun."

Antonio snorted, shaking his head. "All in due time."

The guy came back holding some papers in his hands. I read through them, making sure I wasn't giving away my ability to talk or something like that, and signed my name at the bottom. I slid them over to Antonio, and he scribbled his name on them as well.

I looked over my empty plate at his signature. "You have nice hand writing."

He nodded absentmindedly, running a hand through his dark brown hair. 

"Well then, Eva. Welcome to the family."

...........

Sorry for the slow update. I've been busy, and honesty I don't want to write. 

I'm literally freezing to death right now.

Anyways, thanks for reading!

-SB