15

Ponyboy

"How do you kiss a girl?" I asked Sodapop out of the blue as I sat at my desk, 

"Plannin' on kissin' that girl you like?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I felt my face get hot,

"No, I'm just wonderin'." I mumbled, he chuckled.

"Just go for it man it'll come naturally I swear." I rolled my eyes and he snickered.

"Well what's something you wish you would've known how to do when you had your first kiss?" I asked him, resting my head on my palm, digging for an ounce of more detail.

"Don't try to use your tongue the first time, close your eyes and don't let your hands just hang to your side, use 'em. I thought you already had your first kiss anyway?" Technically I had, in 2nd grade this girl kissed me on the playground, I tried to wash my mouth out for weeks.

"That don't count." I said and he laughed.

"I don't care what you use my tips for kid brother, just use them on the right girl and turn that light off." he yawned.

Jacuqeline

"You got a 98 on that?" I nodded with a smile at Ponyboy, I was opening up my History folder and he must've seen the grade.

"Yeah why?" I asked in a sweet tone, he shook his head.

"Nothin' I just thought everyone did bad on that one." he told me, I shrugged, 

"Yeah I don't know I spent my free period cramming for it, I must've retained somethin'." I giggled, I remembered Susan whining about how she got a 65 on it and she was smarter than me.

"Maybe you should start tutorin' me." he said playfully and I smiled, rolling my eyes with the same amount of tease.

"No way, I can barely keep my own grades afloat." I responded, he scoffed flipping through his own History notebook.

"A 98 isn't exactly barely passin'." he mumbled, focused on finding something in his notes and like I was oblivious to something.

"Whatever." I chuckled, clicking my pen and starting in on my homework.

***

"What'd you get on number 20?" I asked Ponyboy, almost finished with the packet.

"Negative 54." he responded, shutting his notebook and I nodded smiling, I was finished. I slid the packet into my folder as he got up.

"You know, I only use these homework session's to talk to you." he said as he dropped two pencils and a pen into his bag.

"R-really?" I asked, feeling my face heat up, praying my melanin would hide it.

"Yeah," he responded like it was no big deal. I smiled softly, placing my head in my hands, looking up at him as he gathered his things.

"I like talking to you, like a lot Ponyboy." I said honestly, confidence bubbling up inside of me, he smirked looking down and zipping up his bag.

"I like talking to you too Jacqueline." he told me. I got up as he slung his bag over his shoulder.

"Well that's good ain't it?" I teased and he chuckled as we walked to my front door. I leaned on the screen door as he smiled at me, standing on my porch. 

"You're real cute Ponyboy, you just never know when to make a move." I said to him, jokingly, enabling the newfound confidence. His ears went a light shade of pink and another smile formed and a chuckle left his lips. I stepped from off the ledge of my house and the screen door sort of slammed behind me. I stood in front of him and his eyes flickered down to my lips, then back to my eyes, lips and finally eyes again. I blushed, but attempted to hide my excitement with a witty remark, 

"You gonna do anything?" I teased, he half smiled half smirked. I felt my stomach fill with butterflies and my heart probably skipped a beat as he placed a hand on my cheek and leaned in. My eyes closed like I'd seen in movies and his lips met mine. 

They felt like...clouds. The softest clouds in the world. Being so close to him I could smell a mixture of pencil shavings and subtle hints of old spice deodorant. The butterflies flapped their wings even harder in my stomach and made me blush, if I was white like the boy I was kissing my face would probably be as red as a coke bottle label. The kiss was chaste, sweet, and I missed it as soon as my eyes fluttered back open and his hand and lips left my face. I looked up at him and as soon as everything registered in my mind a dopey grin grew on my face.

"I'll see you Ponyboy." I whispered, he smiled down on me, it looked like he enjoyed it as much as I had.

"Bye Jacqueline." he smiled back and then he was gone. I walked inside and made a bee line to my room. I rushed in, making sure my siblings or parents wouldn't see my glowing face and closed the door behind me before flopping on my bed. I looked up at my popcorn ceiling with a grin that wouldn't seem to go away, not like I wanted it to. I stayed in the position and the trance was only broken when I saw my door handle turn and my dad entering my room. I was scared he saw the kiss, and was going to put his two cents in on Ponyboy, he wasn't fond of any white people to be perfectly honest and being a dad he didn't exactly love boys that talk to me either. It took him months to remember Dustin's name and another month to approve of him being my friend.

"You better have them dishes done by the time I come back from the store." he said, and a wave of relief rushed over me.

"Okay," I responded. He nodded and left my room, leaving the door wide open. It didn't even bug me like it normally would. I was just kissed by Ponyboy for crying out loud, nothing was going to ruin my mood for the rest of the day. 

authors note:
look at ponyboy being all bold and ofc he would ask soda for tips he worships the ground that man walks on LMFAO