17

Jacqueline

I skimmed through the 'C' section of the phone book.

"Curtis, Curtis...where's Curtis?" I mumbled, I finally spotted it right below The Cole's residency. I put the numbers into the phone and waited for someone to answer. I had decided 10 minutes ago that I would be the one to initiate the next hang out or date. I was still a bit confused on which that time was, but all I know is that I want him to kiss me again.

"Hello?" Whoever answered didn't sound like Ponyboy, it was obviously a guy, but not Ponyboy.

"Hi this is Jacqueline, may I speak to Ponyboy?" I asked, making my voice a bit higher and throwing on a slightly heavier southern accent in an attempt to sound like a white girl. I know Ponyboy doesn't have a problem with black people, but I don't know about the other people in his house.

"Holy shit you're Ponyboy's girlfriend!" I arched an eyebrow, blushing a bit. I liked the sound of being referred to as Ponyboy's girlfriend to be quite honest.

"Sorry, no I'm just a friend." I say, the other end scoffs.

"Did he tell you to say that?" I snicker a bit,

"No he didn't." I say, the other end groans.

"Whatever let me go get 'em." the boy says. I weave the phone cord between my fingers as I wait, making a pattern.

"Hey Jacqueline," Ponyboy.

"Hey I was wonderin' if you wanted to do anything tomorrow? I can't do before 2, because of church, but maybe later you could come over or something? Only my sister will be home, rest of my family will be out lookin' for colleges for my brother." I say. Shawn took a gap year and my parents have been up his ass about going to college for the past 6 months.

"Y-yeah sounds good." Ponyboy says, I can hear happiness in his voice.

"Great, 3 o'clock work for you?" I ask.

"Yeah, that works." he says, I grin,

"See ya then Ponyboy."

"Bye doll." I giggle at the nickname and hang up the phone. I went to my room, my dad okay'd a friend coming over. I never specified which friend, but then again he never asked.

Ponyboy

"Hey Darry can I go to a friends house tomorrow at 3?" I ask Darry walking into the living room. He arches an eyebrow, looking up from the newspaper.

"Which friend?" he asks.

"Jack." I say, sitting on the couch next to Sodapop. It wasn't technically a lie, tons of Jacqueline's probably go by Jack.

"Hey Jack sounds a lot like Jacqueline, don't you think Ponyboy?" Sodapop says. Darry doesn't pay him any mind.

"Shut up Soda." I mumble, he laughs and Darry tosses the newspaper onto the coffee table.

"This the same Jack you went to the park movie with?" he asks, I nod.

"Mhm." I hum, he bites the inside of his cheek, probably deciding whether or not to let me go. It's a weekend, I usually get to go out on those.

"Yeah alright." he says, I nod getting up.

"Thanks Dar." I say going back up to Soda and I's room.

Jacqueline