Chapter 1

"Who knows Liam? You may find your match here." his mum says.

He shurgs, "I just hope they don't hit me." He signs back.

His mother smiles sadly at him, "No one will hit you here. I promise."

Liam grabs the last box of his things and takes them to his new room. He unpacks everything before taking his clothes off and changing into sweats. Right as he was about to go to bed, the symbol on his hip caught his attention.

The orange, red, and yellow sun positioned on his right hip. The points curve to give it the burning effect, each point being colored in a brilliant blue. The middle part, shaped with intricate lines twirling around eachother is colored a deep crimson. The squares with rounded sides that sit inbetween the lines and points are a brilliant orange that seems to glow brighter when the light hits it. The sparks that shoot off of the squares on the corners are a golden yellow that gives the entire thing the sunny effect.

Your chosen partner is said to have the same thing. When your born broken, a beautiful mark appears somewhere on your body. There's only one person on the entire earth with the symbol that matches yours. Both of you are broken until united together. It's said that hte mark will light up in a brilliant, shinning color!

The color depends on the couple, but most of hte time they don't change. It's only ever been white, pink, purple, or blue. It's said that after your light vanishes, the borken part of both people is fixed. Only children born with problems get the acient symbols and they are the only ones to now about what the symbols mean.

People who were born normal have no idea about any of this, all of them thinking it's a legend. If your symbol is seen by a normal person, they see it as only a tattoo. Liam was born with scratches on his vocal cords, meaning he's mute.

He communicates through sign language. Kids at his old school taunted hiim for not being able to speak or even cry out. His mum found out about it one day, the next week they were moving away. That's why the Payne's are currently moving into a new home in Holmes Chapel.

Liam turned away from the mirror, laid down on his newly made bed, and went to sleep.