3

Roger was sitting in the basketball team's locker room while the crowd started sitting on the bleachers. It was a packed gym.

Roger was sweating. "You good Taylor?" Mr. Miami asked. "Yeah. Just nervous." Roger admitted. "Don't be. The crowd loves our mascot. Just have fun, jump around, fist bump. Just remember my rules." Mr. Miami stated. "Games about to start. Since this is the first game of the year we have a big entrance. The team will get on the floor. There will be a guy with a microphone and he'll introduce the mascot. Run in and just start hyping up the crowd." Mr. Miami instructed. Roger nodded and put on the big mask.

~

The team was on the floor. They were highfiving each other and getting ready for the game to start. A man with a deep voice had the microphone. This is it Roger. Roger thought to himself.

"Introducing, the baddest, the ferocious, the meanest... The Truro Bear!" The man introduced. Not a very creative name, Roger thought before he ran onto the court.

The crowd was screaming, Mr. Miami was right, they loved the mascot. Roger immediatly saw Freddie in the crowd, he was waving his arms around and yelling. Roger chuckled at the boy, his laugh was muffled by the large mask.

He started jumping around in front of the bleachers and fist bumpinng the air. "Truro! Truro! Truro! Truro!" The crowd chanted.

There was a sharp whistle that signaled the game was going to start. Jump and cheer when they get a point, Roger reminded himself. The boy Roger recognized as John, made the first point. He was feisty. The crowd cheered and clapped. Roger jumped around and waved his arms in the air in an exciting manner.

The Truro basketball team were getting points after points after points. Roger was out of breath, but he kept going.

The game was coming to an end, and Truro was dominating. Sports never made Roger as excited as he was in that moment.

The game ended, and Truro won. The team all cheered and got in a big group hug. Roger noticed Brian run towards him and pull him into the group hug. Roger felt bad that he was rubbing the dirty suit against the team, but he still joined the large hug. The all jumped and high fived each other. Roger felt alive. All the sweat was worth it, and he wasn't even playing in the game.

They all ran to the locker rooms so the team could take showers and Roger can get out of the hideous costume.

Roger heard the door open after he took off the smelly suit. It was Mr. Miami. "Good job boys!" Mr. Miami shouted loud enough for everyone to hear. The team all said, "Thank you Miami!" At once. "Good job Roger, you killed it tonight." Mr. Miami complimeted. "Yeah, you did really good tonight." Brian said to Roger. Roger jumped. "Jesus, you scared me." Roger sighed. "Am I really that scary?" Brian asked with a smirk. "Oh, you know what I mean." Roger chuckled.

"You did good too." Roger stated. "We could have been better. At least we won." Brian said with a proud smile. "I barely know how basketball works, but it all made me so excited." Roger admitted. "It's an exciting sport. I'll see you next game Roger." Brian said before walking out the locker room.

AN

If you have any tips, advice, or ideas

COMMENT HERE

-GROOVYLADY