| 001 | think i'm in love

________________________________
"ooh, something's got a hold on me now
it's a feelin', burning like a lover on fire"
- eddie money
________________________________

CAMERON JAMES PATIENTLY SAT at the guidance counselor's desk as she typed away on her computer. he read her name plaque, 'ms. perky guidance counselor.'

"i'll be right with you," she said taking her eyes off the screen and looking at the teenage boy. cameron nodded in response.

on her screen, she typed: 'as his hand slid up her creamy white thighs, she could feel his huge member pulsating with desire'. she then shut her computer and smiled at the boy.

"so, cameron. here you go," she said as she stood up and handed him a sheet of yellow paper. she then began to read off a separate piece of paper that she held. "nine schools in ten years. my, my. army brat?"

"yeah, my dad is uh-"  he was cut off by ms. perky.

"that's enough. i'm sure you won't find padua any different from your old schools." all of a sudden, food was thrown at the window. "same little ass-wipe shit-for-brains everywhere," she said while pointing towards the window. as she chuckled, she took a seat back at her desk.

"excuse me? did you just say..." cameron looked around the room, "am i in the right office?"

"not anymore, you're not. i've got deviants to see and a novel to finish. now scoot. scoot!"

"okay." cameron got up and collected his things. "thanks. thanks a lot." he said before running into a coat rack behind him. as he walked out of the room, he was met with another student who was taller, had longer hair, and looked a little older. the younger teen looked at the counselor and nodded before walking away.

as he roamed through the crowded halls of padua high school, cameron was stopped by a boy in a blue button up shirt. "hello! michael eckman. i'm supposed to show you around."

"oh hi. thank god. you know, uh..." cameron said while shaking michael's hand, "normally they send down one of those audio visual geeks."

"no, i do. i know what you mean."

"hey, michael where should I put those slides?" a student with a cart asked while walking by.

"michael? so uh-" michael lead cameron away and read off a folded piece of paper in his hands, "cameron. here's the breakdown. over there, we've got your beautiful people. now listen, unless they talk to you first, don't bother."

"wait is that your rule, or their's?"

"watch. hey, there." michael said to the group.

"eat me," one of the guys replied.

"you see that?" once they were outside, michael continued. "to the left, we have the coffee kids."

one of the kids spilled the other's coffee causing him to angrily yell, "that was costa rican, butthead!"

"very edgy. don't make any sudden movements around them." michael warned. "these delusionals are your white rastas. they're big marley fans. they think they're black. semi-political, but mostly-"

"smoke a lot of weed?" cameron finished.

"yeah. these guys-"

"wait, wait. let me guess. cowboys?"

"yeah, but the closest they've come to a cow is mcdonald's." michael began to chuckle at his own joke while cameron just looked at him. michael cleared his throat. "these are your future mba's. we're all ivy league accepted. yuppie greed is back, my friend."

"hey, guys, how you doin'?" michael asked the group who only looked at him in response.

"close it, bogey," one of them demanded as bogey shut his computer.

"yesterday, i was their god."

"what happened?" cameron questioned.

with a sigh michael replied, "bogey l'owenstein started a rumor that i-i buy my izods at an outlet mall."

"so they kicked you out?"

"hostile takeover. but don't worry. he'll pay. now, over here-"

"oh my god." cameron looked at you as you talked to a group of people. "what group is she in?"

michael followed cameron's gaze. "she's one of my close friends. she's popular, but she hangs out with people like me."

"i burn, i pine, i perish."

"of course you do. you know, i wouldn't even try, pal. she is done with high school boys. it's a well known fact." this caused cameron to finally look at michael.

"why?"

"well, after being cheated on by her first boyfriend, whom she dated for two years, she said she's been done with high school boys ever since. she thinks we're too immature. and whoever tries to ask her out or do anything, she turns them down instantly. you have no chance, buddy. i'm telling ya."

"well i can change her mind about that," cameron said while looking back at you. instead of talking to the previous group, you were now walking in his direction.

"uh huh, yeah." michael was unconvinced.

"hey, michael." you said while walking up to the two brunettes. you noticed michael accompanied with another boy, who was looking at you dreamily. he smiled at you and you smiled back in response. you hadn't seen him around the school, maybe he was new.

"this is cameron. cameron, this is my good friend-" before michael could finish, you cut him off by giving the boy your name.

"hi," said cameron as you shook his hand. the sound of the bell startled you.

"well i gotta get going. it was nice meeting you, cameron. i hope i'll see you around," you waved as you headed in the direction of your next class. you looked back to see cameron still looking at you as michael tried getting his attention. this caused you to laugh and look away with a smile.