| 007 | lovefool

______________________________
"dear, i fear we're facing a problem
             you love me no longer, i know
                    and maybe there is nothing
                          that i could do to made you do"
                                                            - the cardigans
_________________________________

    YOU WOKE UP THE next working, and were still in your prom dress. it was ten in the morning and you decided to get up and get out of your dress.a as you stood up, you took the dress off and changed into shorts and a large t-shirt. then, you took a seat at your dresser to take your makeup off.

"ugh, aren't i a sight for sore eyes." you joked while you started to take your make-up off. after that, you hopped in the shower. once you were finished and changed, you brushed your hair while walking around your room.

there was a knock at the door and you didn't feel like talking to anyone right now. not after everything that happened last night. you heard your mother's voice from the other side of the door, calling you name.

"come in."

"hey, sweetheart. how was last night? did you and cameron have fun? you two looked so cute together. you should invite him over for dinner this weekend. ooh how about tomorrow night, i can make my-" she rambled on until she noticed your mood.

"yeah we had fun." you lied, you never talked about anything with people. she could tell something was up, but didn't want to push anything.

"okay, well i'll be downstairs watching television if you wanted to join." with that, she rubbed your back before leaving.

you stood up and walked to your record collection, looking for a good album to play. as you searched, you finally found one: first band on the moon by the cardigans.

their song, "lovefool", began to play and you hummed along with the song while picking up your room. "so i cried, and i beg for you to... love me, love me," nina persson sang. "i can't care 'bout anything but you."

luckily for you, it was sunday, meaning no school and not having to put up with everyone and the drama. you decided to walk downtown to check out the record store since that was where you always went when you needed some cheering up. as I walked into the store, you began walking through the rows while looking through records.

the bell at the front door rang, signalling that someone had walked on the store. when you looked to see who it was, kat stratford and you made eye contact and smiled at each other. she began to walk to me. "hey."

"hey, kat."

"what's up?" she said while looking through the records next to where you were looking.

"nothing much just trying to escape the world and avoid drama, how about you?"

"same here," she sighed. "i heard about what happened last night and i want to apologize for what my sister did."

"don't apologize for what she did, seriously." she nodded and fell silent between you.

"i heard about what happened between you and patrick, too."

"boys suck," she laughed causing you to giggle and nod in agreement.

"you can say that, again."

"did cameron ever talk to you after everything? i know you didn't sleep with joey."

"no he didn't. i didn't bother calling since i didn't want to annoy him. and how do you know?"

"well I overheard bianca and her friends discuss this plan and i heard that they were going to have people who looked like you and joey pose for a picture." you looked at her with wide eyes. you couldn't believe bianca would go that far to make your life miserable. "i didn't know they were going to actually do it, i mean, i thought they were joking. i should have spoken up anyways, so i apologize."

"it's okay, don't worry about it. i just don't know how to talk to cameron, you know? i don't have any proof."

"i could help you with that. we can check bianca's room to see if there's any other pictures that show the couple's faces."

"wait really?"

"yeah. if bianca has them, then they're most likely in her room. don't worry she's not home." you thought about it for a second and decided to go with kat.

at her house, you looked through bianca's dressers, underneath her bed, and basically everywhere, but, not luck. "i'll check the bathroom," kat said.

when she walked out of the bathroom, you saw a few polaroids in her hands. "you found them?" you asked running up to her. "thank you!"

"here," she handed me the photos. "now let's get cameron back."

.___. .___. .___. .___. .___.

kat parked outside of cameron's house, which thanks to some tutoring lessons at his house, you knew where to go. and you nervously sat in the passenger seat. "c'mon, go. now."

"fine, fine." you took a deep breath and got out of the car.

"call me if you need anything, okay?" you nodded and watched as kat drove off. you walked to the front door and noticed that only cameron's car was parked in the driveway. after you knocked on the door, you heard someone running down stairs and yell 'coming'. once the door opened, cameron's face dropped.

"cameron, we need to talk. please." he looked at you for a seconds as if he was thinking.

"i don't know what we need to talk about. you lied to me and i saw the evidence, alright. so just go-"

"cameron, listen. that wasn't me in the photo." you sighed. "can you let me in and i can explain everything." cameron stepped to the side and let you in.

.___. .___. .___. .___. .___.

"so bianca paid people to take these photos to make me mad at you?" he asked while holding up the polaroids in his hand. you sat on his bed, next to him and nodded.

"i would never lie to you, cameron. you know that," he looked at you with an apologetic expression.

"i should have believed you, i'm sorry."

"don't be sorry," you said as you placed your hand on top of his. "now, can we go back to how things were before that psycho bianca got in the way."

"of course."