| 006 | don't treat me bad

_____________________________
"i never thought you'd hurt me
i guess you live and learn
when you're playin' with fire
you're bound to get burned"
- firehouse
________________________________

THE CAR RIDE WAS silent besides the radio playing. once you arrived at your house, cameron parked his car and turned the radio down. "you never wanted to go on a date with me, did you?" you asked sadly. cameron's head shot up quickly and he looked at you. "you just wanted me to make bianca jealous, huh? to have thought that you actually liked me," you sadly laughed at yourself. "but it didn't work out, huh? she broke you're heart."

"what are you talking about?" the boy asked not looking away.

you looked at him in the eyes, embarrassed that you thought you could trust him. "you wanted to use me."

"no, why would you think that i would do that to you?" he asked stunned that you assumed such a thing.

"then why did you ask me on a date?"

"um, well because i like you... a lot," he answered nervously. you dryly laughed causing him to glare at you. "what's so funny?"

"if you like me then why did you kiss bianca at the party tonight?"

"i didn't kiss her, she kissed me, alright? and the reason why i took her as my date was to make you jealous. that was my plan this whole time ever since you rejected me. i know it was a stupid plan, but i was desperate alright? i wanted to make you jealous so you'd want to go out with me. i thought everything was working until i saw you with joey and then he said something about finishing what you guys started. that's when i realized, that you wanted joey and you slept with him-"

"oh god no! i would never sleep with him, we only kissed. nothing else."

"but your hair was messed up a bit and i just assumed."

"i never wanted joey, cameron. i wanted you." the boy looked at you surprised. "ever since you came to my house that night, i couldn't stop thinking about you and i can't get rid of the feeling i get when your around. i was just using joey to make you jealous since i saw you with bianca." it fell silent for a little bit.

"you like me?" cameron asked still stunned. you giggled and looked at him.

"yeah, but i didn't realize how i actually felt until that night." you gazed into each other's eyes and you could feel the gap between you closing. soon enough, you felt his soft lips against your's. your lips moved in sync and you held his face in your hands.

you broke the kiss and your foreheads were pressed against each other's. "i gotta go now, but i'll talk to you later, alright?" he nodded and smiled in response. you gave him one more kiss and then walked towards your house. once you walked inside and shut the front door, you couldn't stop smiling and ran up to your room.

.___.     .___.     .___.     .___.      .___.

it was monday and school had started. you walked through the halls finding you way to michael's locker. once you spotted him and cameron, you walked towards them. when cameron and you made eye contact, he couldn't stop smiling. "good morning." cameron greeted me.

"morning," you replied now leaning your back against the locker next to them. you and cameron didn't speak, only enjoying each other's company in silence until you were interrupted by michael shutting his locker door and speaking to you.

"i'm going to go talk to someone, so no fooling around while I'm gone. got it, love birds?" he said as he walked to kat's friend's locker.

"so, um, how was your weekend?" cameron asked leaning next to you on the row of lockers.