Chapter 40 - Turning Point

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Obi-Wan isn't that stupid.

As a matter of fact, he was a grown man. He knew something was causing Saiph to become distracted, he didn't even need to sense it.
But he knew that Saiph wasn't one to lie persistently. So, when she said that she would be attempting to clear her head, he trusted that she would be alright.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saiph had been walking through the forest for a while now. She didn't know if it was the continuous colours of the scenery blending into a palette or the fact that she was barely paying any attention. Her head was filled with  thoughts clashing against eachother. She needed to get a grip of herself. Ahsoka had done nothing wrong. She was only being a good friend to Lux...That was it.
"To be kind was to do the bare minimum." As she thought of this, she bent over and picked up a stone from the ground, it was almost perfect in complexion. She smiled, the touch was satisfying in her palm.

I remember this...

"Oh my goodness- What are you doing here?" Saiph gasped and looked up from her hand, the orb of light was back once again.

I sensed you were troubled-

"It's nothing, I just need to get a grip on my thoughts..."

What thoughts?

"No thoughts. Can you please just-" she waved her hand to swat it away. She was unsure if it would be wise to indulge in the mysterious light. It was mysterious, yet also a familiar presence. Whether it was here to drive her insane or something else... she did not know. She paused for a moment and when it didn't make any move to leave, she caved.

"I am having fluctuating feelings towards my friendship with Ahsoka..." She muttered.

What kind of feelings?

Saiph let her head drop with the weight of shame flowing through her, momentarily glancing at the stone. "It's a suffocating feeling of almost betrayal, bitterness and-"

Jealousy?

Saiph lifted her head abruptly. Is this what the feeling was? She stared hard into the light. "I can't feel like this."

Why not?

She threw her hands up into the air and turned away from the light, as if being under it's gaze was embarrassing, "Because I'm upset- We're not supposed to be upset."

Is that so?

"Yes. When we're upset- we lose ourselves in anger, then hate then we-"

The light finished for her once again, Suffer.

Saiph sputtered in surprise, "- Yes... Well- Can you please stop interrupting me??" She slowly turned around, "Also, how did you know that?" The light didn't say anything as she watched it incredulously, "And don't say that you've seen this before because that gets me nowhere."

Suddenly, the light rose up into the air, Something's coming.

What do you mean? Saiph's head followed the light as it started to float around quickly.

I mean that you have to leave. Get back to the camp. I didn't know it would be this soon...

"Why should I listen to you?" Saiph gestured in exasperation, "All you do is confuse me!"

Why aren't you listening to me?

"Why don't I-" Saiph shook I don't have time for this. Since when did you get so snippy??"

Hide.

"What-"

I said hide.

Saiph did as the orb said and jumped behind a log, waiting for whatever this was supposed to be coming. Then, she heard the sounds of marching and whirring... "Separatist droids."

Told you.

"Shouldn't you be hiding??"

They can't see me... I thought you knew that-

"Shhh!" Saiph hushed the light and scanned the troops. It was just one battalion, nothing super intense. However, they were heading in the same direction as... the camp!

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Master Kenobi!" Saiph attempted shout through her monitor, but the sounds of blaster-fire right on her heels weren't helping. The droid battalion had noticed her when she had attempted to flee the scene quietly which- did not work.

Finally, Obi-Wan replied. "I hear you Saiph, what is it?"

"There's a battalion of-" Saiph started before she tumbled through into a clearing, realising she had already arrived back into the camp. However, the rebels had finished her sentence for her.

"Droids!" The group in front of her shouted and began to fire back. Saiph ducked- attempting to not get shot through her skull. As she shot back up, she saw that everyone around her had run for cover, firing away at the droids. She ignited her lightsaber and went to strike the flimsy metal machines when Obi Wan yelled her name, beckoning her over.

"Saiph!"

She turned to look and found him behind a few crates along with Anakin and Steela. Saiph jumped backwards, flipping over and landing alongside her master.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes."

Saiph watched as the rebels took out the battalion of droids, surprised by their speed, they took out the tanks with the explosives. Before she knew it had started, it finished. Saiph was impressed. However, she couldn't help but try and find Ahsoka, she knew the girl would be alright, but one can only do so much as worry. Obi Wan placed a hand on her back, "This way."

In the heat of the moment, Saiph had forgotten about the light once again.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Take confidence from this victory. But rest assured, there will be more droids coming now that they know your position." Obi Wan stated, placing his hands behind his back, Saiph walked up alongside him.

"It doesn't matter. You're ready now." Anakin assured the rebels, "We are going to take the fight to the droids. You don't have to hide in the jungle any longer."

"Droids were a bit dim, more so than I imagined."

"They make up for it in numbers." Ahsoka added, "They're designed to overwhelm."

Saiph nodded, "Quantity over quality."

"But they're not designed to deal with our approach." Anakin said confidently, clenching his fist in the air. Saiph tried not to show her amusement, but it seemed that Ahsoka had caught it, also finding her master's excitement amusing. The two girls shared a knowing glance.

Lux mimicked the brunette jedi. "We hit them where they least expect it. And before they realise what happened..."

"-We fade in with the rest of the population." Steela chimed in.

Anakin smiled, "Exactly."

Ahsoka looked around the group of rebels, "We need a plan to get inside the city." as if trying to see if anyone may have a plan of sorts.

"I have an idea." Lux said in thought.

Saiph craned her neck forward, "What kind of idea?"

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}