Chapter 27: Solaire

Lucaon was heartless in the beginning of his route. He would involve the female lead in various dangerous situations, but through those experiences, he discovered new feelings for the female lead. He was, however, a fair person at least. Shockingly, he was not one of the people to vote for the villainess' death. To quote him, he said 'it would be a waste of talent' and 'she can still be used as a puppet'.

Solaire was the complete opposite of Lucaon.

Solaire was tender and gentle in his entire route. He was sweet, but he was also a powerful court magician.

Solaire's route was about the path to find forgiveness for himself. Being one of the few humans blessed by the goddess, he was both blessed and cursed with immortality. He was forced to part with his previous lover because of his immortality and he blamed himself because of that. The female lead's aim was to help him move on, and in doing so, Solaire found new love within the female lead. Many players have claimed that they were sobbing badly in Solaire's route, and it was hard to not blush when interacting with him.

However, being the court magician, his ideals opposes the church, and the Holy Maiden herself. He was one of the first that wanted the Holy Maiden to be executed. He said this was a favor, because a blessed child was nothing but a curse.

Solaire stared straight into my eyes and gave me the gentlest smile but all I could feel was chills down my spine.

This man......if he knew I was going to be the Holy Maiden, he might try to kill me right now.

"Ms. Astria?" I heard him utter my name again.

I jolted and came back to my senses. I shuddered as I felt my throat dry, unable to speak. My fingers went cold and I squeezed the blanket tightly.

I can never reveal to him about my magic, no matter what.

Then, I felt something warm carassing my cheek. I turned robotically and saw Cassius looking concerned.

"What's wrong? You look pale." He asked.

"Mr. Cassius......" I trailed off. I didn't know what I could say to get me out of this situation. I nervously smiled and glanced back at Solaire.

"Hello, Mr. Solaire." I managed to not stutter as I said cautiously. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells just being in a room with him.

"I've heard much about you, Ms. Astria." He maintained that gentle smile.

My heart sank. How much did you hear about me? I squeezed the blanket tighter.

"I have a few questions for you, Astria. I hope you don't mind." He took a step closer and I quickly shifted my body, sinking further into the bed.

"You're scaring her, Solaire. Just stand there and ask." I heard a tone of annoyance in Cassius' voice.

"What?!" Solaire sounded genuinely sorry, "Did you say something to her about me?"

"Hmm, maybe you look creepy to her." Cassius sneered while patting my head gently.

"Ahem, I don't want to hear that from you." Solaire cleared his throat. "I heard you want to meet the boy?"

I froze. I turned to look at him, still slightly shaking. He was still holding that smile. I nodded.

"Don't worry. I just have a few questions for you. After you answer them, you can meet him."