CHAPTER 6

Mikaella's POV

The award show ended and the fans, including us, were now on our way out. It is pretty late and I'm sure we will get home past midnight since we still have to find some taxi to ride. When something like this happens, everyone is rushing and fighting to every taxi that comes on the way. Some even pushed their way inside just to go home while some who were showered with wealth are blessed to drive their own cars. 

In my case, I can afford to drive a car but, I don't how to drive. In Jeohee's case, she knows how to drive but she's not allowed to get one until she reach in college. Her parents isn't even allowing her to drive any kind of vehicles.

So both us is a tie. We need to wait for a taxi and go home peacefully.

"Unnie, I think we can't ride a taxi in this area. Don't you think its better for us to walk further from here, so we can easily get a ride?" Jeohee suggested as we looked at the girls fighting over the only taxi who just came.

"Yeah you're right. Let's got over there and see if we can find a taxi." I told her in agreement.

We were already walking for a few meters away from the venue but we didn't find any vacant taxi. We almost lost our hope and my feet started to feel heavy.

But as soon as I was about to feel frustrated, a car suddenly came to a stop behind us. My reflexes were fast enough to grab Jeohee behind me after getting surprised.

"Do you guys need a ride?" A man who looked like my age came out and asked us.

"No we don't. I'm---"

"Yes we do!" I looked at Jeohee in wide eyes when she suddenly exclaimed beside me. "Unnie, I really need to go home please. Mom will kill me if she found out that I'm still out here at this hour." She whispered me in plea. "Plus, I can see both of us were tired already. Let's just grab this opportunity. Come on unnie."

"Jeohee, we don't even know him! What if--"

"Uhm, excuse me ladies. My name is Ken and I was fetching my sister at the show earlier but I found out that she already went home. Then I saw you two looking for a ride, so I was just wondering if you want one." The man said giving me second thoughts.

I don't easily trust anyone. Like, not at all. Especially if it is a stranger. But, thinking what he just said made him look like he's a good guy. Thus, Jeohee beside me is now tired and exhausted. Maybe a ride wouldn't
kill us right? There's the two of us, so I guess we can outnumber him if he'll do something bad.

"Unnie. Please, just say yes. He looked like he's a good guy though." Jeohee pleaded again.

I sighed in defeat and glanced at the guy in front of us.

"Are you sure you sincerily wanted to help us?" I asked him.

"Yes. I am." He replied.

"Fine."

After a few minutes, Jeohee and I found ourselves sitting inside Ken's car. He even looked liked our driver since I insisted that we'll be sitting at the back. He didn't argue with us and let us do what we want. Before he started the engine, he even reminded to wear our seatbelts.

As the ride goes by for almost an hour, I suddenly realized that I haven't told him our address.

"Wait!!" I suddenly exclaimed at him but oddly, he didn't even looked surprised. He just looked at me through his rearview mirror. "Our address! We haven't told you where we lived."

My nervousness and fear started to crept in when I saw him smirked. As I tried to open the door, it was unluckily locked. I felt Jeohee's hand holding mine when the car suddenly moved in speed.