CHAPTER 8

Mikaella's POV

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand as I watched their cars slowly disappearing in  my sight.

The wind suddenly blew so hard following the noise of the crickets around making me shiver in fear and fright.

Well basically, I oddly felt like I'm in a horror movie now. I could bet that because of my state, people could mistaken me as a ghost or crazy beggar roaming in town.

Sighing in fear, I looked around me hoping for a taxi to pass by. But as unlucky as I always is, there's nothing and no one here but myself. Just me, my shadow, the crickets, the wind and the dark.

As I kept walking through the middle of the road, 'Yes middle. Cause I'm afraid of the monsters that's hiding behind the trees and bushes'. I suddenly felt a droplets of water over my skin. When I raised my head up in the sky, I came to realized that it is about to rain.

"Great. Just my luck. Now, I'll look more crazy walking out here if it rains hard."

Just when I mumbled those words, the rain started to pour making me curse underneath my breath. I tried to look for some place that could be my shelter but I found nothing. And now, I ended up getting soaked under the rain.

I continued to walk with a hope that a car will pass by and help me. All of the sudden, the phone that Wonwoo gave me earlier suddenly went off. I thanked God that it didn't got wet as I glance at the screen. The caller ID appears to be unknown. But then, I realized that it might be something important since this is not my phone. So in the end, I decided to answer it

"Hello?" I softly asked as soon as I answered the call.

"Hi Elle! Are you home now?" A smile crept on my lips after I heard the familiar voice.

'Wonwoo'

Damn. Any girl gets swooned just by hearing his voice.

"No. I'm still here. I still didn't find any taxi and its raining." I shoved my thoughts off and honestly replied to him.

"That's sad. Are you okay there?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I am actually standing under the big tree. It thankfully helped me from the rain." I lied.

"If you only agreed earlier, you'll probably home by now." I heard him muttered in regret.

"Its fine Wonwoo~ssi." I said. "Don't worry about me. I can go home in no time."

'Well, hopefully I can before it gets really late.'

Wonwoo sighed at my words and mumbled something, making me chuckle. I can't comprehend what he said but the way he sounded so cute can't make me stop from being flustered.

"You're still happy despite of being alone there, aren't you?" He said making me grin.

"Well, crying makes no different right? Besides, it won't change the fact that I'm still out here in the dark."

He chuckled at my remarks. "Yeah right. I must admit, you're brave for that." He said. "If I were you, I would probably be shivering in fear right now."

'Honestly, I am shivering in fear right now.'

I want to tell him that but I chose to shove my thoughts off again. I don't want him to pity me more. I hate it. "If you were me, you won't get a hard time going home. Your fans would probably help you."

"Nah." He replied in disagreement. "I would rather walk home. Besides, the peacefulness that the darkness bring is quiet satisfying and overwhelming, doesn't it?" He asked making me nod.