40. In a misunderstanding

Andrew's POV

"Diana.." I try calming her down once I'm closing the entry door, recognizing I'm not alone in the flat. I don't have time for all the greeting shit, so I direct myself to my room.

I need to calm down my sister; I knew something was up when I have found ten missed calls from her earlier.

"Tell me what the fuck happen? How is grandma?"

"She... she is in the hospital, Andy." She tells me between sniffs, and I don't have in my heart the will to censor her about the nickname, she knows I hate it.

"Fuck... how is her condition?" I have never been so afraid of an answer in my life, I'm already packing up my clothes inside my luggage, I don't give a fuck my father will scold me about abandoning the affiliate here in this critical moment. I don't fucking care.

"She is stable now, she had a-" she halts to sniff, and I swear if she wasn't my sister I would curse her for letting me in suspense, I'm on the verge of my patience, this week was already hard enough. "-she had a beginning of a heart attack, it was diagnosticated fast so she is stabilized, I should go to visit her, I'm waiting here..."

"Don't worry, I'll be going there, I will find a flight."

"No, Andy, don't please... Dad will kill me if he knows I told you," what the hell? Did he intend to hide it from me?

"What the hell is happening Diana? Why father wants to hide it from me?"

"He... he doesn't want to you come here and abandoned there, he said I shouldn't disturb you in this important week, I'm sorry I called you Andy, I just-"

"Don't be fucking sorry! I can't believe him; he just gave me one more reason to do it!"

Hide my grandmother's heart attack, his own mother, is a whole new level of perversity. The man can't really figure his priorities in life, I shouldn't expect it to be different.

I know my sister too well; I know there is more to this story than she is telling me.

"No please Andrew, don't, I will check gran and I will inform you about her condition, they told me she is fine, she is even awake."

"She is awake?"

"Yeah!"

"How did it happen, Diana?"

"Uh... I don't really know...", her voice is hoarse and low, very low.

"Tell me how the fuck it happened Diana if you don't want me to go there to find it myself!"

"They told her about the divorce... and then-," she couldn't finish her phrase, she starts sobbing uncontrollably.

"Fuck-", I shouldn't push her, it is not her fault and I'm dispatching all my stress on her when I should direct it to my father. He is the one to blame.

"I'm sorry Di, I'm sorry ok? Please stop crying, tell me what I can do to make you feel better?"

"Just... jut trust me ok? Don't come, I will-", she continues sobbing, "check on grandma and tell you if... if we need you here."

Damn this girl, she can bribe me like no one.

"You don't have to be afraid of him you know, that right?"

"Yeah", she sniffs. I never understood why she continues respecting my father's wishes as they are the law. She should be getting over it now, she knows our family and she knows quite well they don't deserve our precious time. Not even a second. Except for grandma, she deserves it all, she was the one taking care of us, not our excuse of a mother who preferred to spend her day in the mall or showing herself to her friends, while our father spent his day and even some nights at work.